17in 10 holes at lmr

I could take my SSP's back to stockish......
Screenshot_20230319-105223_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Love the 10 holes. Think they look great on a 4-eye, especially a hatch. But I am a little biased, as that's what came on my car originally. So they look at home there, to me.

And normally, I am a fan of lipped rims also, but for some reason the lip on those 17x9's just looks odd. Maybe just because it's different. The 17x8's look a little more "normal" to me. But that's just me. :O_o: Certainly the 9 inchers allow for wider meat.

A year or two ago when I was trying to decide what new oe-style rims I was going to eventually put on my car, I had it narrowed down to the 10-holes or ponys. The fact I could get the ponys in 17" and in chrome, and the 10-holes didn't come in 17" (at that time) made the decision for me. The chrome aspect of the decision was based on the fact that I was definitely into chrome rims back in the 1980's and therefore would be kinda period correct, at least to me and also for me. I ended up getting my 17" chrome ponys back in January. Would have had to think twice on that if I'd known 17" 10-holes were going to be available.

I think I need to see them in person to really hold final judgement. Pics are one thing, but I need to see them with perspective in terms of how the lips look and such.

My car came with 10-holes originally, while it would look cool to go back to "stock" for nostalgia purposes, i don't think those are a wheel I could drive around with and be happy.

Just curious…why wouldn’t the 17” ponies work on your GT?

Bill
No Bill, I was talking about then 10 holes. I don’t think they would look good on my GT, I have a 88.

Maybe if it was a 85-86 GT.

I do want a set of the 17 inch Pony wheels though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think I need to see them in person to really hold final judgement. Pics are one thing, but I need to see them with perspective in terms of how the lips look and such.

My car came with 10-holes originally, while it would look cool to go back to "stock" for nostalgia purposes, i don't think those are a wheel I could drive around with and be happy.

For me, i think they would have been at least 18's. Modern cars get 20's.
Now would i turn my car back into an lx? I do think about it from time to time. These are a pretty good copy of the wheel visually, but i was also hoping to see them be more of restomod wheel.
Somehow i have reverted to liking lx's with black bumper trim, which obviously doesn't work on black cars.

Also with the lips, i hate what they did with saleen stern replicas. Saleen cars did not have deep dish wheels. Wonder if it's the same with these wheels. I would rather see the hub extended.

vms wheels might be a high consideration for a drag setup for me . Polish them and flip between sleeperish and sleeperish setups

No Bill, I was talking about then 10 holes. I don’t think they would look good on my GT, I have a 88.

Maybe if it was a 85-86 GT.

I do want a set of the 17 inch Pony wheels though.
@BlakeusMaximus, I understand. I have 17X8/9 LMR chrome Pony wheels on my ‘86 currently, and I’m interested in the same combo on the new 10-holes, but then the 10-holes we’re the stock wheel on mine.

Bill