18 inch y2k's worth the extra money?

I can either get.....

17X8.5 Y2k Cobra R MOTORSPORTS w/ lugs ($1000) + Tires ($400) + mounting and balancing ($150) = $1550
OR for 225$ more.....
18X9 REGULAR Y2k's Cobra R's w/ lugs ($1100+) + Tires (675$) + free mounting and balancing = $1775!

Its hard to decide between a motorsport rim or a bigger rim. Plus the tires on the 18 inch wheels cost more and i heard give a stiffer ride. I am just trying to decide whether giving up an inch on the rim for a CHEAPER price + it being a MOTORSPORT rim is worth it? Any opinions would be VERY VERY helpful cause i just can't decide.

by the way either rim would be chrome

• Sponsors (?)

Based on your sig, I don't think you have enough power to put 18's on and not notice a small decrease in perfomance. They are heavy, and take more to spin due to both size and weight. Then there is the clearance factor, with your '89 (smaller fender openings than the '90-ups) you may run into some rubbing issues if you don't choose tire sizes carefully. They will feel like you have needle like precision with the steering, which is fun on the street, but with it is the afforementioned harshness in ride quality. It's all about what's important to you. Who makest the Y2K's? For both strength and trueness, it is worth buying a well known quality wheel. Aftermarket wheel companies are not subject to the same stipulations and regulations as OEM, so if it seems too cheap to be for real, it may be to cheap to be trusted. You get what you pay for.

Who the **** said that an 18" wheel would bend if you hit a pot hole? That is possibly the dumbest ****in thigh I have ever read on this site. And trust me, I have read some dumb things on this site. If you are stupid enough to buy a cheap wheel that would bend, you should not be allowed to drive a car. Besides, if a wheel bends, you damn well have better hit a tree or an on coming car. If 18" wheels bend that easily, do you think Steeda, Saleen, Ford, Chevy, Porsche, Ferarri, etc. would use them?

Seriously, if you are going to buy any wheel that is a Ford replica, do yourself a favor and just buy a real Ford wheel.

9 Deuce GT said:
Who the **** said that an 18" wheel would bend if you hit a pot hole? That is possibly the dumbest ****in thigh I have ever read on this site. And trust me, I have read some dumb things on this site. If you are stupid enough to buy a cheap wheel that would bend, you should not be allowed to drive a car. Besides, if a wheel bends, you damn well have better hit a tree or an on coming car. If 18" wheels bend that easily, do you think Steeda, Saleen, Ford, Chevy, Porsche, Ferarri, etc. would use them?

Seriously, if you are going to buy any wheel that is a Ford replica, do yourself a favor and just buy a real Ford wheel.
I bent an 18 inch saleen wheel and bubbled out the sidewalls oni 3 tires

9 Deuce GT said:

Dumbest thing you've ever heard? Well I've seen it happen to Koenig wheels. The sidewall gives almost no flex because it is so small.....and if you hit a HARD bump, yes, they will bend (and I'm not talking bending them into a square wheel dumbass) Put them on a balancer and you will see it.....and you'll also get a wicked vibration at high speeds