18x8 wheels?

CaliLifeStyle

Jun 9, 2004
Oxnard, CA
:nice: or :notnice:

My friend can get me a good deal on some wheels and tires but the wheels I want he can only get in 18x8. The ideal size is 18x9 right. They have 18x9's in the style I want but I'd have to get them at regular price. Would 18x8's look lame? Should I just save up for the 18x9's?

• Sponsors (?)

CaliLifeStyle said:
:nice: or :notnice:

My friend can get me a good deal on some wheels and tires but the wheels I want he can only get in 18x8. The ideal size is 18x9 right. They have 18x9's in the style I want but I'd have to get them at regular price. Would 18x8's look lame? Should I just save up for the 18x9's?
18x8 would be ok for the front, but yeah, its gonna suck when the widest tire you can fit is like 265.. I have 275's on the rear of my car, and i wish i had wider now with my 18x9's.

Look into some TSW wheels.. You want 18x9 with ET (offset) of 24-26. the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 i believe.

-wade

wms004 said:
18x8 would be ok for the front, but yeah, its gonna suck when the widest tire you can fit is like 265.. I have 275's on the rear of my car, and i wish i had wider now with my 18x9's.

Look into some TSW wheels.. You want 18x9 with ET (offset) of 24-26. the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 i believe.

-wade

Damn. You read my mind. Gonna get these.

Chrome.
tswcat.c.ang.jpg

Hyperblack.
tswcat.hb.ang.jpg

Attachments

• tswcat.c.ang.jpg
    tswcat.c.ang.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 80
  • tswcat.hb.ang.jpg
    tswcat.hb.ang.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 87
Hahaha....you guys talk as thogh running 8" wheels on the back is a sin. :rlaugh: Do you not remember back in the day when Mustangs wheels were only 7"? I used to cut consistent 2.0X on 245/50/16 street tires and pony wheels on my old 5.0L LX with little effort on a crappy track. If you like the wheels and 18x8's is the only size their available in, then go right ahead and get them. You're probably not going to see a huge difference in how they perform with street tires anyway.

Gearbanger 101 said:
Hahaha....you guys talk as thogh running 8" wheels on the back is a sin. :rlaugh: Do you not remember back in the day when Mustangs wheels were only 7"? I used to cut consistent 2.0X on 245/50/16 street tires and pony wheels on my old 5.0L LX with little effort on a crappy track. If you like the wheels and 18x8's is the only size their available in, then go right ahead and get them. You're probably not going to see a huge difference in how they perform with street tires anyway.

They are available in 18x9 but I could get a good deal on the 18x8 versions. I have the stock Bullitt wheels and they're 17x8.