1960 cast iron vavle covers fit 302 with ford lighting rockers

I have a 5.0 302 and just got some Billet aluminum, (my mistake) 1960's MT valve covers. My question is will they fit if i have ford lighting rockers? When I just set them on top it seems like I dont have much play width wise. Anyone help me thanks!

Attachments

• 15448388094751113555392.jpg
    15448388094751113555392.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't think anyone here can really help answer that question. Ive never seen a set of cast iron... they must be cast aluminum. MT had some pretty tall aluminum valve covers that I know would work.

If you could post pics it would really help.

They're aluminum.:nonono:
unless you have one of the only pair of cast iron ever made, Every M/T valve cover I ever sold in the 70's was made out of aluminum.
If the valve cover fits, it fits. The only way to know if it is gonna clear your rockers is to put the things on, and start the engine. If the rockers make contact with the inside of the cover, ( which I doubt they will) you'll know it in a second after you start it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If they don't clear the rockets there are spaces available.... or you can double up the blue neoprene felpro valve cover gaskets. They should clear though.

They're aluminum.:nonono:
unless you have one of the only pair of cast iron ever made, Every M/T valve cover I ever sold in the 70's was made out of aluminum.
If the valve cover fits, it fits. The only way to know if it is gonna clear your rockers is to put the things on, and start the engine. If the rockers make contact with the inside of the cover, ( which I doubt they will) you'll know it in a second after you start it.

Thank you. Amd yes aluminum my mistake sorry.