1964.5 Mustang Worth Saving?

todd h

Active User
Jul 29, 2017
pittsburgh,pa
273.JPG 272.JPG 247.JPG 264.JPG hello everyone,i use to work with a movie crew in Pittsburgh,pa and while shooting the jack reacher movie they wanted old chevelles,camaro's and mustangs.I had a 1964.5 mustang hanging out in my backyard so I put it in the movie for a parking lot shot then it's just been sitting,can someone tell me if it's worth fixing?the vin# I ran shows it was made may 1 1964.thanks for all replys.it's just a I6 mustang

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey Todd, welcome to Stangnet.

I'll move your thread over to the Classic General Talk subforum, the fellas there will be able to help you out with an estimated value.

Tell us about the drivetrain that it has as well. Any details you can provide will help.

Good to have you with us.

64s are rare fix it up nice, plenty of restomod options. Save the original stuff in case you need to put it back to stock one day. They are easy cars to build up and look awesome no matter what u do to em.

shem
Ya,that's what i'll do,body work is what I like to do and these older mustangs are easy to work on for sure...There's a company here in Pennsylvania that has everything i'd need...thanks for the advise

Well ,i will give you my answer if you put me in a movie ...i could play a zombi very easily ...:nice:
Fix it , all the parts are available ,and the fun is in the fixn.:cool:
with the work I seen you do I would have work on all the picture cars...you don't want to be in the movies I worked on in Pittsburgh because they usually suck....keep up the great work that you do also what do you think about aircraft rivets?i have a ton and that would be different to use those

with the work I seen you do I would have work on all the picture cars...you don't want to be in the movies I worked on in Pittsburgh because they usually suck....keep up the great work that you do also what do you think about aircraft rivets?i have a ton and that would be different to use those
Interesting :thinking:i have seen some work with aircraft rivets ,and i liked it ..draw somthing up !

I have cj pony in my state that carries everything like stang aholics,i'll mig weld all the hidden spots but expose places like the quarter to the roof section and maybe some vanity rivets,it'll look industial,more industrial than Pittsburgh anymore

Hey, the 64 1/2 mustangs are popular because they were the very first of a legend. I have restored mustangs since late 1977 and still own 15 of them, sounds like a lot, but at one time, I had 68 mustangs here on my one acre yard. I still have a 64 1/2 convertible, D engine code 289 / 4 bbl. / 4 speed toploader trans. has orig Rangoon red paint W/ white top and interior. It has been stored since 1981 and needs resto but, has been in central valley Ca. its whole life, so no bad rust, all good aprons, frames, etc. needs a few (very small) patches. I've collected most all new or exc. used FORD parts for the resto but now at 81, probably won't finish it, as I have too many projects. I have 6 convertibles, 4 are 1969 one is 89 Saleen with 12,950 orig mi. and the 64. Don't put more money into a rusted out car than it's worth, in Ca. and Arizona, there's still some good project cars with all orig sheet metal and for reasonable prices, so why build a Taiwan car when originals are available. Just my input, for what it's worth. Harry

Attachments

• DSCN1055.JPG
    DSCN1055.JPG
    534.8 KB · Views: 270
  • kingcobra.JPG
    kingcobra.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 288
  • PICT0060.JPG
    PICT0060.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 289
  • saleen1.JPG
    saleen1.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0696.JPG
    DSCN0696.JPG
    663.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN0683.JPG
    DSCN0683.JPG
    562.9 KB · Views: 273
  • inventory 149.JPG
    inventory 149.JPG
    687.7 KB · Views: 281
I agree with horse sence since a lot of people scrapped old cars where i'm from because they can't afford the repairs or don't have the skill.I used to fix them all the timeas a profesion but now I do it to relax...to me mustangs are spot welded puzzles

Hi Guys, I'm in small town of Oakdale Ca. Next to Modesto, Have been restoring mustangs since late 1977, hella long time. Age and med problems are making it hard to keep going, but, I have some excellent rare bodys I wanted to restore. I show my King Cobra now and then, used to show my 69 / 390 convertible and trailered it all over the country. I also have a radical modified 67 fastback, 1,000+ , horse, almost 800 ci. 351c'S just want to finish and show it off before they take my driver license. Is welded and molded one piece metal body that raises like a funny-car, solid custom frame. 79 rack and pinion, Weiand T.Rams, etc. A great noise and fire toy. Harry

Attachments

• DSCN0689.JPG
    DSCN0689.JPG
    767.5 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCN0683.JPG
    DSCN0683.JPG
    562.9 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: 1 user