1966 Mustang AM radio help needed

mowparz

Jul 7, 2008
Hello, I have a 66 coupe and I want to put the original AM radio back in it. The problem I need help with is I don't know what the four wires coming out of the radio go to because I am not finding any mating wires for them to hook up to. A previous owner must have cut them off.
The 1966 AM radio has four wires coming out of it. Two wires are joined together with a factory male and female combo black plug, one wire is all black and the other is black with a green stripe. The other two wires are separate, one being all black with a yellow male plug, the other is blue with a red stripe with a red male plug.
I don't know what wires are for the power, ground, speaker, light, etc.
Thanks in advance for any input, Tom.

• Sponsors (?)

I figured it out if anyone else can use this information. The two wires joined together with a factory plug, the all black and the black with green stripe, are for the speaker. The other two single wires, the all black is power and the blue with red stripe wire is for the interior light. The ground is made with the rear mounting braket and / or the antenna. I hope this helps someone else out there. Tom.