1968 fastback 289 front coils are causing me stress

I am losing my mind doing the front spring replacement. For no good reason I threw away one of the springs or I would just go back to stock. I ordered a new set from NPD , they sent me ones that must be for a big block or an f350. 2nd set are the same height as the original but are badly bent and not usable. So I ordered some 1 inch lowering from CJ pony but they are sending the progressive ones that are stock height. What should I do, I have been fighting the stock size ones for days. When the CJ ones come in it will be the same height problems. I don't see anyone's making a 1 inch lowering that's progressive. Do I need progressive.?

• Sponsors (?)

You didn't say what was wrong with the first set, and why do you think CJ is going to send you the wrong set? And what do you think is going to be wrong with them? And what are you trying to accomplish?

You didn't say what was wrong with the first set, and why do you think CJ is going to send you the wrong set? And what do you think is going to be wrong with them? And what are you trying to accomplish?
The problem with the 1set is that they are way to large and if you count the number of the springs it is more than the poem. The diameter of each coil is larger as well. My friend said that they appear to be the same as his f350.

You need a spring compressor to put the springs in. And there is no way of telling how the springs will act on the car until they are installed and driven. If you want the front lowered an inch, use the ones they are sending you, but you will need a spring compressor to put them in. If you don't own a set, you should be able to rent one at a parts store.

As long as you have the springs out you may want to consider installing a set of roller perch spring seats. I put a set in my 69 fastback 428 they let the spring move without it trying to c-out.

Never thought the bearing type perches were a good idea, the originals with the brass bushings were probably a much better idea. Needle bearings need a lot of movement to remain lubricated, were a bushing can stay in one place and still function as a bearing surface. Just my 2 cents.