1970 Boss 302 crank no spark

Jmed05GT

Feb 26, 2019
Massachusetts
Hello all,

I have finally gotten around to getting my 70 Boss back together. I have the engine in finally and I’m trying to get it to fire up. I shows voltage at the coil with the key in the on position but will not start. I’ve checked the number 1 cylinder for a spark with a spark checker and the spark checker doesn’t flash. It has a conventional 302 distributor with single points in it. I have stabbed the distributor at least 4 times to ensure it’s on TDC of the number 1 piston on compression. The only thing I have t replaced at this point is the points. What do you guys think could be the issue

• Sponsors (?)

If you have 12v on the positive side of the coil, I suspect the points adjustment, the negative side to points wire or connection, the plug wires (particularly the coil to center of the cap wire) or the coil. Do you have a Multimeter and are proficient with it?

F3425CB2-C59B-431C-9B14-C0501F24330A.jpeg

I do I have a multi meter. I’m ok with it as I’m learning a lot as I go. I think I was getting 6V at the positive side of the coil with the key on. i don’t know if that was with the points closed or open Though