1970 Mustang Coupe

Luis chavira

Jan 30, 2018
Having trouble with steering column wiring, thinking of changing column out for more modern one or a flaming river one. What do u guy recommend aftermarket wise??

I got a 429 thunderjet, c6 auto, electric fans disc brakes all around, rack and pinion all new painless wiring
IMG_20180123_174917_058.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The steering column wiring comes right out if I remember correctly, once you get the steering wheel off, (not difficult) the whole electronic assembly is exposed, should be a couple of machine screws holding it down. You just unplug the connector down near your feet and then carefully pull it up through the steering column. I wedged the connector halfway up once, but if you tie a string around the connector tail, it shouldn't be hard to get it un-wedged.

If you want to get the steering wheel off, just undo the two screws in back behind the spokes and carefully pull the horn assembly apart. that should expose the wheel-mounting nut and you just use a puller....or if you're like me you put your feet on the floor and yank like hell, your call though.