1977 Mustang Ll Engine Fit ?

77 Must-Stang

Jan 29, 2007
Hi , I have a another 77 Mustang ll that has a 1968 289 Ford Fair lane engine in it. The last owner had washers on the motor mounts because he could not find the right oil pan that would not hit the rack an pinion. ”before internet” That’s fixed. There are V8 motor mounts in it but, I’m still not low enough to install air cleaner with out hitting hood . Also, Headers are slightly above cross member. Do I need fair lane motor mounts? Thanks for any help, Vin

• Sponsors (?)

Hi , I have a another 77 Mustang ll that has a 1968 289 Ford Fair lane engine in it. The last owner had washers on the motor mounts because he could not find the right oil pan that would not hit the rack an pinion. ”before internet” That’s fixed. There are V8 motor mounts in it but, I’m still not low enough to install air cleaner with out hitting hood . Also, Headers are slightly above cross member. Do I need fair lane motor mounts? Thanks for any help, Vin
Mustang IIs have unique frame mounts and motor mounts for the V8s. They're long out of production. Used sets show up on Ebay in various conditions for $200+ from time-to-time. If you can locate a set, Brett McHugh sells rebuild kits for them.

One 1977 is a 289 and the other is a 302. Don"t know the reason these guys did this but, i"m assuming more horse power. Seen a similar hod scoop for $69 online. or i could go with the Bug catcher sticking out of the hood. Mad max theme.