1979 4 Eyed Coupe (need Help W/bumper Cover)

proud_veteran1961

Active User
Jul 31, 2017
I have a '79 Foxbody 4 eyed coupe that I just aquired (bought) and I'm almost ready to start my restore. My problem? I can't find a front bumper cover anywhere! If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah. I know right? Why would anyone live in Salt Lake! It won't be long though, year, year and a half I will be moving back to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. That's my home but I work for the Federal Government and it's a job that I'm just not willing to walk away from so I have to wait till something comes open there that I can transfer to. I went out an hour ago and bought everything I need to repair the one i have so I'm going to give that a try this weekend. I'll keep you posted how it works out for me.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm doing kona blue on my '83 with a dark grey accent, Here's a fender to show the color.
IMG_1979.JPG

Just a little darker than electric blue. it's an awesome color bro. I had a Honda VTX 1800 F Spec 3 that was electric blue with ghost flames that were the color of that fender. I fell in love with electric blue instantly!

There is a huge week long car show back home that I used to have my trucks in called cruising the coast. I want to get my Foxbody finished before i go back home so I can get right back into it.

Reactions: 1 users
It doesn't take a bunch of effort, but.....

There are side skirts for the fenders that meet the bumper cover that would need to be purchased as well. You'd have to drill attachment holes in the lower front of your fenders for those as well.

Then you would have to buy new body side mouldings because the '85-'86 mouldings are a different style than the '79-'84 mouldings.

Of course then you would have to get a new rear bumper to match those new mouldings.

It doesn't take a bunch of effort, but.....

There are side skirts for the fenders that meet the bumper cover that would need to be purchased as well. You'd have to drill attachment holes in the lower front of your fenders for those as well.

Then you would have to buy new body side mouldings because the '85-'86 mouldings are a different style than the '79-'84 mouldings.

Of course then you would have to get a new rear bumper to match those new mouldings.

What side skirts? You don't need no stinking side skirts. Most of the side skirts you see were add-on or dealer options.