Engine 1983 Boost Cam Selection

Macktenn

Mar 21, 2020
Alberta
I have a 95 mustang, with a 83 5.0 swap in it. I’m the near future I will be installing a torqstorm supercharger, heads and a cam, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestion for a good cam to pair the supercharger with. Will be in the 7-8 pounds of boost mark.
thanks in advance
Rylan

• Sponsors (?)

For best results, call a camshaft company hotline for the best off the shelf going or a custom one.
They will want to know Any of this that is applicable -
-Factory roller or flat tappet block
- head flow numbers or model,
-NA, turbo or supercharger
- intake and exhaust
-Compression ratio
-Transmission and a stock or higher rpm torque convertor
- vehicle approximate weigh
-rocker ratio
- intended driving use/power band

Shane at Crower cams lined me up with a custom cam for a different resto project this time, as the off the shelf ones from elsewhere else were 25+ year old, single pattern designs . I have had good experiences with Comp cams, but that’s been a while.

For best results, call a camshaft company hotline for the best off the shelf going or a custom one.
They will want to know Any of this that is applicable -
-Factory roller or flat tappet block
- head flow numbers or model,
-NA, turbo or supercharger
- intake and exhaust
-Compression ratio
-Transmission and a stock or higher rpm torque convertor
- vehicle approximate weigh
-rocker ratio
- intended driving use/power band

Shane at Crower cams lined me up with a custom cam for a different resto project this time, as the off the shelf ones from elsewhere else were 25+ year old, single pattern designs . I have had good experiences with Comp cams, but that’s been a while.
Okay I’ll give it a shot, When the time comes I’ll just call a cam shop and see what they recommend. Thank you for your help!