1986 Spindle help

totalstang123

New Member
Jun 4, 2006
4
0
0
Hi all!
I have a 86 mustang gt.
Today on the highway a very bad sound came from my front left wheel.
At the service garage, the tech told me the spindle blew out, and i need to find a new one. This part has been discontinued, and I can't find it anywhere. Any leads as to where i can obtain one?
I've been looking for 4 hours now, and can't find this part anywhere. Please help me out, as i need my car to get to school and work. I appreciate it. thanks!!!
 
What exactly does "the spindle blew out" mean? You sure it isn't just the wheel bearings?

Regardless, I don't know where you would find an 86 spindle other than the junkyard, but 87-93 GT spindles will fit with the larger 87-93 rotors and calipers. I see sets on ebay all the time for $100-150 for everything. I actually have a set I am getting ready to sell as I just upgraded to SN95 Cobra spindles and brakes. The set came off of my 86 GT, but I suspect they are actually 87-93 units. I need to measure the rotors to be sure. I'll check if you're intrested.
 
How does a "spindle blow out"??

Did this mechanic actually remove any parts and inspect?

Most likely it's a bad wheel bearing. It's an easy fix and parts are cheap from local parts store. There is an inner and outer wheel bearing and a rear grease seal.