1987 2.3L heater hose routing

I'm trying to find a routing pic for the heater hoses. Tried google pic search. looking at the heater core, which hose get the "T" fitting for the hose going to the intake? Which hose goes to the waterpump and which to the thermostat? pics would be great. Is there supposed to be a heater valve also? Mine doesn't. I see a free hanging plug that looks like it may have been attached to one at some point. . TIA

• Sponsors (?)

Couldn't find a 1987 example, but here's an exploded view drawing of the 1990 2.3L heater hose routing. No idea if they're the same though. On this one it looks like the LH hose (facing the engine), which also appears to be the lower hose, has the tee in it and that it goes to the water pump. Looks like the upper (or RH) hose goes to the thermostat housing.

View attachment 712885

Edit - Pic won't show! Efforting resolution now...
Edit again - Effort rewarded!

Attachments

• 1990HeaterHoseRouting.jpg
    1990HeaterHoseRouting.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Couldn't find a 1987 example, but here's an exploded view drawing of the 1990 2.3L heater hose routing. No idea if they're the same though. On this one it looks like the LH hose (facing the engine), which also appears to be the lower hose, has the tee in it and that it goes to the water pump. Looks like the upper (or RH) hose goes to the thermostat housing.

View attachment 712885

Edit - Pic won't show! Efforting resolution now...
Edit again - Effort rewarded!
very much appreciate your efforts. exactly what I was looking for. thanks!

Reactions: 1 user