1987 Foxbody Speed-Density idle problem

1stang.210

Mar 1, 2009
First off am new to the form and hoping some one can help with my problem.Well its an 87 AOD speed-density mustang and i have changed out the spark plugs,new ford racing wires,Mac cold air intake,new cap and rotor,engine module and new map sensor,new fuel filter and checked correct timing. It runs on 93 octane and applied a B&G cleaner and an oil change on the car but it lacks power.The car will start after a couple of trys, when it does start it wants to die out but after warming up the engine its ok for a while.But the suprising thing is once i shift it into drive and acclerate it will die out on me.once in a while it runs okay but then it acts up again if any one knows what this problem is i would really appreciated it thanks 1stang.210

• Sponsors (?)

See the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems. Everything you need to find and fix idle problems is in there.

The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.