1989 5.0 SSP. Pics. My baby.

This is my 1989 SSP notch. For those unfamiliar with the SSP. It was a Police interceptor 5.0. Mine was a Texas interceptor.

2zztiwy.jpg

14mgc5f.jpg

35hiphu.jpg

^^^ My favorite Pic.

2lkuvth.jpg

2i0xi05.jpg

n3x72g.jpg

2e67c3t.jpg

10r78cp.jpg

^^^ MR BAD ATTITUDE ^^^ :mad: lol

Let me know what you think?

.;p3ace;.

• Sponsors (?)

I absolutely love the dryer vent intake hose. That's some good old backyard hot rodding right there. I think you need to move the filter into the fenderwell, though. I'm digging the 5 lug setup, too. Are those DRs? What brand/size?

I really dig the car. I would love to have it! If you ever wana sell it then I will return it to its home state. :D
I really dont care for non power option cars but with a working A/C its cool. :nice:
I even like the wing, thats the only wing I ever like on Fox Coupes.

I would get rid of that intake. On eBay they have a fenderwell one thats only $30 and it works fine and would look 100x better. Also, and this is just me, I dont care for colored vacuume lines. I always did that years ago when I was in the import scene and it always makes me think "Rice" for some reason now. :shrug:

You'd be better off (dollar-wise) just picking up a stock air intake elbow from the TB to the MAF from any '89-'93 5.0 and then making a Home Depot CAI using your existing cone filter - basically just a 90* elbow and 6" long piece of 3" PVC or ABS pipe with a 3" female-female coupler - so you can put that filter in the fenderwell and not be sucking up so much underhood heat. That, and it'll move the air intake away from the fan so you won't be getting any turbulence that'll throw off your MAF readings (tends to make it buck and jerk at low speeds).

Are those screws I see holding on that Saleen airdam...? :scratch:

Otherwise, that's one damned fine no-options coupe you got there, mang. I want. :drool:

Overall... I love it! I really like that gray theme and I like how you incorporate it through the car, but those red lines under the hood ruin it. Blue or even gray plug wires would look much better, an the MSD stuff can be painted, and ditch the red wire/tube covers. That would be a facelift under there.

Those seats are not worthy of that car. Those and the wing give it a Tempo look, but the wing isn't all that bad, but the Tempo did have a similar wing. Ditch the seats, stock GT seats or some 94+'s would look great, even some aftermarket seats would be a major difference.

I like the body simply because it's different.