1989 GT cranks but won't start

Hello, this is my first forum post but I'm having some problems with my 1989 Ford Mustang GT. About two weeks ago I had tried to start it up in the morning and it wouldn't start at all just crank and that's it. I had drove it the previous day and it started and drove fine, nothing out of the ordinary. I've went ahead and had the TFI Module, Ignition Coil, and Distributor all done since it wasn't getting spark. Now that it's getting spark it still hasn't started, so I had the fuel filter replaced and still no luck. The fuel pump is working like it should and we're getting fuel now (tested it via the valve near where you put the oil in) but still no luck.

I'm no mechanic nor do I know a whole lot about cars in general. Here's some background of the car, it's been my daily driver for 2 years now, it's entirely stock and it had sat in a yard for 20+ years before the guy I had bought it from had it. (bought it in 2020) So majority of all the parts are original.​

• Sponsors (?)

Are you working on this or is someone doing this for you?
Tried a shot of starting fluid?

Reactions: 1 users
Are you working on this or is someone doing this for you?
Tried a shot of starting fluid?

Been having someone else work on it since I don't have the tools and I'm not a mechanic. That's the next thing I was gonna try is some starting fluid, see if it fires off and if it does I'm guessing that would indicate the injectors aren't getting fuel or are clogged?

Fuel pump or TFI module
Check fuel pressure
Check blinking light on negative side of the coil while it cranks over
Noid light on injector (look it up if needed) just a light to blink showing the processor is trying to fire the injector

Odds are 50 /
TFI.jpg
50 or better you plug one of these in and it starts right up

Reactions: 1 user
I was going to suggest that also. The guy I bought mine from just installed a new one and the car quit and wouldn’t start so he got pissed and sold it to me. After several days of troubleshooting I replaced it and the car started right up. I relocated mine to up front with a heat sink and diy harness

Odds are 50 /
TFI.jpg
50 or better you plug one of these in and it starts right up

Those are the TFI Modules correct? So, we replaced the TFI Module, Ignition Coil, and Distributor Pip and we're getting spark, but still doesn't start. So we replaced the fuel filter, still no luck. Before starting I can hear the fuel pump prime, and we checked the valve that's near the oil cap for fuel and it sprayed fuel out. I'm guessing if the fuel pump was no good it wouldn't prime? Sorry for the late response, didn't get any notification that you had replied!