1990 5.0 Gt Convertible Fox Body

studio2jeff

Aug 26, 2015
Reno, Nv
Hello all, I am new to the mustang community and fords in general. I just picked up this 90 fox body from a couple who neglected her and hope it will be a good restoration project. I fell in love with this car the minute i drove it. She has a very strong motor i suspect has been rebuilt at some point, a lot of time and money on aftermarket replacement parts and exhaust were put into her as well at some point. Having a few issues mechanically, but nothing i wouldn't expect from a car that sat in a field for a few years. I am looking forward to discussing all kinds of stuff pertaining to these cars, and hope that this forum has like minded individuals, on here for the love of their car and to share knowledge and experience.

• Sponsors (?)

stang pic.jpg
Shes a little rough, cosmetically speaking, needs new paint and interior work, minor mechanical work. Body is straight as an arrow and should be a fairly easy straightforward project to bring her back to her original glory and then some. She is actually in amazing shape considering sitting in a field for a few years and no one giving her some TLC. I want to put a cowl hood and a spoiler on her at some point, possibly find sturdier seats for the front as the stock seats seem pretty flimsy and uncomfortable. Right now im focusing on getting all the mechanical issues addressed and running like she should. But the issues i have I expect from a 25 year old car that sat a long time.I will post more pics as i take them of before and after. Just need to get her going right first, which is time and money.

Let us know what issues you have and we can help straighten them out. You may want to get her up in the air and look for rust on the underside especially if it was sitting in a field. Rust killer in a can then undercoat for light stuff.