Fox 1990 5.0 Ho,blue&white Convertable !

Candiies 69

Jun 22, 2017
New to this forum today, looks good. I am asking for a helping hand from all members,
I own the Stang in the title, but I was told that the rag top on this car stock from ford is White my top is Black.? I bought this car because it is a mint 124,000 miles one owner
car stock and paid well for it. But now I really need to find out if this is not a stock car.?
Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

I see your point, if the top has been changed then in reality I guess it's not stock. Maybe clarification would be stock with the exception of wear items, brakes, bulbs, tires etc & top would fall under that clause?

Enjoy your new hoopty & do please post some pictures of your mint 124k convertible.

I'd still consider a different color top to be a "stock" car. It may not be original though.

Open your driver's door and look at the door tag. Look for the column with the code "VR" on it. This designates the convertible top color.

A = Black
M= Beige/Saddle
R = Dark Blue
W = White

Usually certain color tops are available with certain exterior colors

Last edited:
Top color depends on paint color and interior trim color(s). There was usually only one color top available depending on paint and interior color. Sometimes, but not usually, there was a choice of two top colors.

There were three blue paint colors and three possible interior trims with those three. Which do you have?

Tan top color was N/A in 1990 but black, blue, and white were available.

Last edited:
Crystal Blue (MA) paint with Black (CJ or DJ) interior = Black (A) top
Crystal Blue (MA) paint with White & Blue (CW) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top

Twilight Blue (MK) paint with Titanium (DA) interior = Dark Blue (R) top
Twilight Blue (MK) paint with White & Blue (CW) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top

Ultra Blue (MM) paint with Black (CJ or DJ) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top
Ultra Blue (MM) paint with Titanium (DA) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top
Ultra Blue (MM) paint with White & Blue (CW) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top

Reactions: 1 user
Crystal Blue (MA) paint with Black (CJ or DJ) interior = Black (A) top
Crystal Blue (MA) paint with White & Blue (CW) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top

Twilight Blue (MK) paint with Titanium (DA) interior = Dark Blue (R) top
Twilight Blue (MK) paint with White & Blue (CW) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top

Ultra Blue (MM) paint with Black (CJ or DJ) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top
Ultra Blue (MM) paint with Titanium (DA) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top
Ultra Blue (MM) paint with White & Blue (CW) interior = Dark Blue (R) or White (W) top
You are the man, the vin info man that is.