1990 Ford Mustang 5.0 Help!

naildriverinnc

Sep 30, 2007
I got a 1990 Ford Mustang 5.0 I just bought it here is some stuff that was done to it.NEW 5.0L CRATE ENGINE W/ GT40 HEADS AND VALVE TRAIN.NEW NEW WORLD T-5 TRANS AND SHORT THROW SHIFTER. NEW 3.73 GEARS. NEW HIGH PERFORMANCE FORD MOTORSPORT CLUTCH. COBRA INTAKE AND 70MM THROTTLE BODY. COLD AIR INTAKE & UNDERDRIVE PULLEY'S. SHORTY HEADERS, X-PIPE & FLOW MASTER MUFFLERS. Ok the guy I got it from said the Harmonic Balancer was bad, when you have it out of gear at an idle and give it gas you can hear a noise when it's in gear and driving it's kinda like a something bent like a wash machine off balanced not real bad though. Well I checked the Harmonic Balancer and the rubber was pushing out so the ford dealer ordered a new and installed it. Still doing the same thing. Someone Help Please

• Sponsors (?)

I'd be going off that noise. Listen to it and see if you can figure out where it's coming from.

Does the engine miss?

Just curious if you are looking at the engine when raising the throttle or if you are in the drivers seat? It is more than likely the pressure plate torqued unevenly or out of balance or like someone else stated wrong weight on it. If balancer were bad the engine would have been raising hell at least all the ones I have seen bad were really bad. But that needed to be replaced if it had the elastomer coming out anyways, good insurance to not tear up new engine. Let us know what you find.

Bill