1990 LX

the seats and the fact that the foam on the ac hose is still intact are probably sogns it might actually be 22k. I know the foam on mine was dried out and breaking apart by 50-60k miles.

Are those tires original? Gator backs? Check the date codes.

I’d look for an original air filter in the box. The wires have been changed, but there might be a reason for that. When my fox sat 8 years, rodents ate the plug wires. That’s all they touched.

Underside might also show you if it’s low mileage. Is it original exhaust? Look at the amount of surface rust on things under there.

Brake pedal wear is another indicator.

I said it before, but those leather seats wear VERY easily. So those do look like low mileage seats.

I’d be curious to poke around a bit on this car for clues myself. Take lots of pics when you go

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks fellas for all the tips. I plan on taking my jack and jack stands to get under it and see what it looks like. Also plan on taking cash with me in case I decide to try and purchase it. If it all checks out I’d like to pay $10K or less if possible.

On the AOD to T5 swap, they would have to had found a used pedal assembly correct? And if so, then wouldn't brake pedal wear not be a indicator of a low mileage car?

On the AOD to T5 swap, they would have to had found a used pedal assembly correct? And if so, then wouldn't brake pedal wear not be a indicator of a low mileage car?

You are correct. The pedal assembly box has a different brake and clutch pedal in it. Not sure if a clutch pedal can be hung on an AOD pedal box, but the AOD pedal is wider than the manual pedal. So if you look and see two similar sized pedals for the clutch and brake, then the entire box was swapped out. So there goes that.

Also, brake pedal pads can be changed out. When i did my 5-spd swap, i stuck two brand new pedal pads on there

Reactions: 2 users
They are getting the car inspected today. According to the carfax it had the registration renewed back on 10/01/2021. Means it will need to be renewed before the end of next month. In 2018 the reported mileage was 22,595, in 2019 it was 22,608, in 2020 it was 22,680 and in 2021 it was 22,706. Current odometer is 22,707 so in the last 4 years it has only accumulated a little over 100 miles.

When do you go see it?

Check the tires and date codes. Common sense would say you replace old tires, but that would be something of it had original tires on it with date codes showing 1990. That would confirm it’s 22k miles.

Of course, the originals prob dry rotted out a long time ago so I would expect they have been replaceed

When do you go see it?

Check the tires and date codes. Common sense would say you replace old tires, but that would be something of it had original tires on it with date codes showing 1990. That would confirm it’s 22k miles.

Of course, the originals prob dry rotted out a long time ago so I would expect they have been replaceed
Going later today as soon as they get home from work. I'm not sure if they have other people lined up to see it as well. The seller did tell me I'd be first to see it. Car was posted locally Friday so I'm sure lots of people have seen it.

Some of the seals are going to be dried out and the engine may start leaking oil soon after you purchase it
Do not give 10K for the car
Give him 8 so you have room for repairs. Enjoy those leather seats
My 69 Boss only has about 56K on the clock. Everything on it has been replaced two or three times
Don't let him know, you gotta have it! Tell him you are looking at a few cheaper ones, see what he says (car 101 at the dealer)

Reactions: 1 user
Some of the seals are going to be dried out and the engine may start leaking oil soon after you purchase it
Do not give 10K for the car
Give him 8 so you have room for repairs. Enjoy those leather seats
My 69 Boss only has about 56K on the clock. Everything on it has been replaced two or three times
Don't let him know, you gotta have it! Tell him you are looking at a few cheaper ones, see what he says (car 101 at the dealer)
I serious doubt they would take $8K for it. I'm pretty sure they have lots on interest in it. Once I see it in person I'll have a better idea. The car did get inspected today. Waiting on a confirmation if today is still good to go see it.

Well, just don't let them know you have to have it
Make him a fair offer, and take cash
I bought a nice 65 Impala for 2000 bucks a few years ago
Offered the guy 1800 and he started groaning and making grunting noises like he was sick
Told him I had the 2K he wanted, he perked right up and started showing me all the extra parts
You do something similar with your guy
Good luck

Impala.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see it. They had a minor emergency that they have to take care of. I did get a little more info. She said her dad kept the car in the garage and he only drove it occasionally. He was wanting to to preserve the mileage and value of the car. The A/C is not working either.

Understandable
The freon is down some or the cycling pressure switch is stuck
Leave it R12
Find it, I am sitting on 33 lbs
I used 3,5 lbs of R12 this summer on an old Corvette I fixed for a guy
It's around