1990 Saleen 5.0 engine/trans (what's it worth?)

4.6LSleeper

Jan 20, 2004
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280026248922&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

What do you think would be a fair price for this engine/transmission? I'm looking for a 5.0 to put into my 89 240sx. I'm just having a lot of trouble finding a good deal on a 5.0 engine with a 5 speed. I'm seriously considering bidding on this, but I don't know much at all about these engines. Thanks.

BTW, the auction ends in 3 hours, so, the faster the response the better.

• Sponsors (?)

There is nothing different from that engine then a regular 5.0 engine. And LMAO at "this engine is rated at 304 HP" hahaha... Pass up on it.. If this guy lies about one thing, I'm sure there is many more things he's lying about

Thanks for the fast reply. I just assumed he was being truthful about the 304hp. Do you have any suggestions on where to look for a good motor set? I found a 5.0 out of a Lincoln at the local junk yard, but he wants $500 for it. I hear about people finding these things for $150 bucks, but I have yet to find anything like that.

Dont buy that Lincoln Motor!!!!!! they are only rated at like 155 hp, and if you are going to get a lincoln motor, make sure its out of a mark 7, take the intake plenum cover off and look for a stamping that says H.O. Thats the motor you wanna get. oh yea, tell that guy with the "saleen" motor to shuve it up his booooty. If a stock saleen motor has 304 hp, I have to have around 500. BAHAHA oh yea, where are you located, my buddy has a 87 GT motor just sitting in his garage that he will sell for real cheap.

I'm located all the way down here in west Texas. I really want to find an 89 or newer engine, so, I don't have to be concerned with legality. What should I look for as far as years, and models, of the donor car? In time, I plan on doing H/C/I, if that helps.

you will get basically the same motor, from 87-92. The Engine management is different in 87 and 88 but the motor doesnt care how its being monitored. My friend has a orig. mass air motor being run on speed density in his 87