1990 turbocoupe swap, no injector pulse

Zephyr130

Dec 5, 2021
Saskatchewan
Wiring and everything in that aspect is supposedly complete got the car on trade a week ago been slowly going through and figuring out what I can with my basic knowledge, today figured out I have no injector pulse or power to the injector whatsoever

• Sponsors (?)

The car itself is a 1990 lx notch originally a 4cyl 5 speed car, the engine is out of an 88 turbocoupe 5 speed and the car has been re wired under the hood and dash to run the turbocoupe la2 ecm instead of the stock 1990 2.3L ecm, im still tearing into the wiring especially now with no injector pulse or even any power at them when cranking

It shouldn't have anything to do with the wiring conversion as there are only 3 or 4 wires that are converted and those have to do with the 2.3 EGR system and the TC Vane Air Meter connector. I would start at the injector harness and work your way back checking wire continuity and connections. If it is an ECU issue, remove the case on the ECU to access the circuit board. You can usually tell if you have burnt capacitors 'cause they will look burnt or melted.
You may want to pick up one of these. It'll definitely make your life easier!
1990 Mustang factory wiring diagram

I looked at the ecu and it did look fine, even with it running off the la2 is it still only a few wires to convert? I have a Haynes manual which has some diagrams in it although my car is a Canadian car so some colours are different

Haynes = garbage! The factory wiring diagram I linked to covers every circuit in your specific car. It shows paths, connectors, colors and even has whole car vacuum diagrams. It's what Ford techs used at the dealerships before it all went digital. The EVTM's are pretty detailed also.
1990 Mustang EVTM

Here's a step-by-step wiring conversion for an '88 LA2/3 into a '90 Mustang.

I did the conversion when I built Thunderstang.

P6070003.JPG

Unfortunately, about 5 years later some clown rearended me and totalled the car.........

P7070038_zps815a1aaf.jpg

However, I was able to pull the motor/trans and dropped it into my '27 roadster so.........Thunderstang lives on!

P1010019 (2).JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Haynes = garbage! The factory wiring diagram I linked to covers every circuit in your specific car. It shows paths, connectors, colors and even has whole car vacuum diagrams. It's what Ford techs used at the dealerships before it all went digital. The EVTM's are pretty detailed also.
1990 Mustang EVTM

Here's a step-by-step wiring conversion for an '88 LA2/3 into a '90 Mustang.

I did the conversion when I built Thunderstang.

P6070003.JPG

Unfortunately, about 5 years later some clown rearended me and totalled the car.........

P7070038_zps815a1aaf.jpg

However, I was able to pull the motor/trans and dropped it into my '27 roadster so.........Thunderstang lives on!

P1010019 (2).JPG
Good to know with Haynes not being that great of a wiring manual, im digging in again today, ripping off the cold side of the engine and like you had advised start tracing back injector by injector as it shouldn't be an ecm issue, none of the pathways diodes or anything internally looked damaged meaning its more than likely wiring somewhere
That is a sad way for a fox to die but atleast it lives on through another vehicle, im at a point I may trade this for another running driving foxbody so I'm not picking up on someone else's work in the future, this one is an interesting project but I don't have all the nessesary skills to pick up where it's been left