1992 vert with remote starting device

jcgafford

10 Year Member
Jan 7, 2012
Adrian, MI
So i was tinkering with my project and noticed a yellow "ford" sticker on the top middle of the firewall. It says something like "this vehicle is equipped with a remote starting device, disconnect it before working on vehicle" So i looked around and don't see anything that looks like one. Google search says they did not come with one, yet this is a "ford" sticker. What gives? Was this an option?

• Sponsors (?)

vipers, and other dEI alarms come with a factory looking sticker but they are aftermarket. Look by the drivers side if you see a toggle switch under the dash, or on the kick panel that it def. had an alarm

vipers, and other dEI alarms come with a factory looking sticker but they are aftermarket. Look by the drivers side if you see a toggle switch under the dash, or on the kick panel that it def. had an alarm
no toggle switch that i saw when i was under the dash yesterday. and thanks by the way, i clicked on your "krazy burnout" link. now i need counseling

the candy is there for the kids Jcgafford.....

you should see under your dash that a bunch of wires were spliced in if you had an alarm. Being a vert im pretty sure at one time you did have one. i have owned a couple and they all had them in them by the time I go them

i will look again, but from being under there yesterday the wires were still all wrapped. will double check, i'm sure you guys are right about it being aftermarket if it is there. and thats not candy.....