1993 steel 2" cowl hood, like from LMR

Would never go back to a stock hood but I like the look of the cowl on my coupe. I chose the HO Fibertrends due to the rounded edges running up the hood which to me were more subtle than the hard edges most of the other brands have. Basically doesn't draw your eye straight to the hood but you know its there. I also like the additional room for the 1" spacer between the upper and lower intakes as I am not sure even with cutting the structural on the stock hood if it would have fit and then the hood is flimsy.

Anyhow, fit my needs and I do like cowl hoods so just a preference.
Hoods on stock lx convertibles and hoods on coupes aren't really comparable.
Coupes are easy to modify visually since they can look like any type of car, road course, drag, cruiser etc. It may be why they are the most beloved sytle of foxbody.
But a 2 inch hood looks way out of place on a stock lx vert, even worse if the luggage rack is still on the car.
I have nothing against lx verts, i just don't think you can slap race car style parts on them randomly and expect it to look right.

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno, I guess it depends if it's totally stock or if it has a set of wheels on it. Here's my old 84 before and after with a set of wheels.

6416932381_23e1d9b2c8_c.jpg
7944506546_c5d64052ff_c.jpg

Of course it's not stock ride height - I'm sure that plays a part too.

6390395721_3474c77ed6_c.jpg

So, in my opinion (if it matters.... lol) is to go ahead as long as you add a few supporting mods like lowering springs and wheels. Otherwise, I kind of agree, it'll look out of place on a bone stock car the same as it would on a bone stock coupe or a bone stock GT.

FWIW, this car had NO overheating issues whatsoever with the cowl hood even though I used all donor parts from a clapped out Mark VII.

1703272382786.png

Reactions: 1 user
Right wheels, right stance, and a vert looks good with a baby cowl IMO but yeah the luggage rack has to go in any instance.

No worries on my coupe performing up to the hood…

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I cut down the chin spoiler from an 83 Bronco (I think it was): https://www.ebay.com/b/Air-Dams-for-Ford-Bronco/38658/bn_1375643

Just measure how wide you want it to be and order that one. Then I went around with an orbital sander and heat gun and made it fit. This thing sits right below the radiator support so air has no choice. LoL

The good news is that there are better options out there now. I saw a post in the last week or two about bolt-on Fox chin spoilers that are out there. They look nice IMO. I'm considering one for myself.

I installed an LMR 99 to 04 chin spoiler as I have a Cervini Ram air hood... had to do a little cutting, heat gun, etc

1703729625643.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users