1995 gt having issues please help

Mar 28, 2008
ok i bought this 1995 gt yesterday car is in excellent shape
but when i drive it or when its sitting around 3000 rpm its stumbles looses engine power feels as if its not getting eough fuel or maybe somthing is interfearing with spark ive changed fuel filter plugs wires checked timing checked fuel injectors ran diagnostics with no codes but check engine light does come on and then goes off any ides? any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You should be getting a code. Did you take it somewhere like autozone and they plug their scanner under the dash?

If you have nott already I would clean the MAF sensor.

ok i bought this 1995 gt yesterday car is in excellent shape
but when i drive it or when its sitting around 3000 rpm its stumbles looses engine power feels as if its not getting eough fuel or maybe somthing is interfearing with spark ive changed fuel filter plugs wires checked timing checked fuel injectors ran diagnostics with no codes but check engine light does come on and then goes off any ides? any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

The diagnostic port is actually under the hood on a 94-95 V8.

I agree that you should have seen a code. You said you saw no codes. Did you literally not see any codes? You should see a set of 111's (system pass).

If you still have a CEL coming on but no codes stored, check the KAM power to the PCM. If there's an issue with that wire, the puter gets forgetful.

Do you have the ability to view PIDs?

Good luck.

also try cleaning the mass air sensor, like mustangless mentioned

What he said on the MAF, can be an easy fix... I would have the fuel pressure verified too...kinda have to do that if your thinking its falling on its face...

What do the plugs look like?? that can clue you in to..
Tan .. normal
White... lean
Black... to rich

Did you put the spout back in??

Good luck....

having serious issues 5.0

when the rpms get around 2800 rpm it has no power and hesistates engine sounds like its loading but no power have changed everything
plugs, wires, cap,rotor, filter.fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator. did diagnostics but no codes although they check engine light comes on but then goes back off ive messed with the timing trying to see if it was timing but its not although it will act up then rarely it will run fine for a few minutes then goes tor unning like crap again any help will be greatly appreciated

well today i changed the coil bought an msd one found a plug wire that was cracked and arching to the header so bought new plug wires and it still is having the issue im about to throw a stivck of dynamite in it lol

well today i changed the coil bought an msd one found a plug wire that was cracked and arching to the header so bought new plug wires and it still is having the issue im about to throw a stivck of dynamite in it lol

HISSIN50 enquired about the code results. I don't see a response to his query :shrug:

Since you seem to have replaced the basic tune-up parts, which is good, as you now have a baseline to work from :nice:

I suggest that you test again for fault codes and post the results, otherwise you are going to be just throwing $$'s away, not so good :crazy:

95 gt issues

well posted a week ago
was having issues car had no power from 2600 rpm on so i changed coil ,plugs,, wires rotor,, cap, fuel pump,fuel pressure regulator,fuel filter ran diagnostics no codes well found out it was the catalitic converters so i put mac unequal length shorties on it with mac h pipe and flowmasters. well it is still doing it but not as near as bad but the problem is still there have messed with the timing and cant seem to get it to run correctly. could it be my distirbutor? the stator?
sick of buying parts im about to burn the dam thing. thanks

Two threads moved from 5.0 Tech to 94-95 Tech, and all three threads on the same topic merged into one. Creating more than one thread on a given topic is redundant, and can make isolating an issue difficult, as we may not be aware of what advice had been given previously, and what the results of the said advice were.

After you clean the maf try unpluging the batt. The puter remembers the readings in the old maf and unplugging the batt for bout 5 min will reset everything to new readings. Also the dizzy has been known to go out and cause issues. keep troubleshooting