1995 Mustang GT 5.0 H0 How to set stock valves

BigE85

Feb 3, 2017
Kansas
Hi guys just went through the motor on my car. And put new pushrods and hydraulic lifters in. It's all stock. I understand that the rocker arms are non adjustable. But would like to know the right way to install these on the heads any help would be great. Just want to make sure.

• Sponsors (?)

You're right there's no adjustment at all - tighten to ~20lb-ft iirc. I think you could technically shim the pedestals if you don't have enough clearance, or buy longer pushrods if you have too much. Either way you should perform a basic check that your setup is correct. The pushrod should stop being able to be spun by hand 1/2 - 3/4 a turn before tightened-to-spec or you might need to make adjustments - shims or longer rods as mentioned.

You might consider replacing the original stamped steel - on completely stock rockers, stock pushrods, stock cam, etc., I found excessive lash and ticking and was worried I'd wiped a cam-lobe or something. Turns out the old stamped steel had warped / bent over the years. I now have some Crane 1.7's that opened up the breathing even with stock cam (running turbo so the stock cam works well) and eliminated all of the ticking - lash was perfect out-of-box with no shims. Even fit under the stock valve covers.