1995 mustang gt 5.0 Need help please!

I need a little help identifying these two lines please, I have a 1995 mustang gt 5.0 and I just did a head gasket job on it and there's two lines I cant remember where they go nor do I know their purpose, and information is welcome please and thank you

Attachments

• 20200513_232724.jpg
    20200513_232724.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Sponsors (?)

Those are vacuum lines. You probably knew that already, but anyway. On a Fox there are a couple little solenoids located on the finder or firewall just behind the right shock tower. They have something to do with the emissions system. In the pic they would be behind your left arm. That shorter one on the left might go to one of those. As for the white one I dont know. Where does it terminate? Maybe try looking up a vacuum line diagram for a 95 5.0.

Those are vacuum lines. You probably knew that already, but anyway. On a Fox there are a couple little solenoids located on the finder or firewall just behind the right shock tower. They have something to do with the emissions system. In the pic they would be behind your left arm. That shorter one on the left might go to one of those. As for the white one I dont know. Where does it terminate? Maybe try looking up a vacuum line diagram for a 95 5.0.

That actually makes sense because I was told I might possibly have a vacuum leak by previous owner, thank you for your input I'm going to do a little research and see if I cant find some info on vacuum lines

Is it possible the previous owner deleted the emissions line? I'm only asking because everywhere I look I see a line on the passenger side I do not recall seeing in my car. (Smog pump line I believe)

Sure. There are lots of mustangs out there that people have deleted the smog stuff off of. You'll just have to dig around under the hood and look. My fox doesn't have any working smog stuff on it.

I cant tell from your pic about the smog stuff, but if those lines went to deleted stuff then they could be vacuum leaks now.

Alright my man thank you so much I think I figured out what's going on, they def deleted the smog pump line because it has that aluminum pulley you have to add to stabilize the serpentine. I think all I have to do is plug those two vacuum lines off and problem solved. I really appreciate the feedback

Reactions: 1 user
It appears that your smog stuff is deleted. Those lines would go to 2 valves on a rubber hose that comes off the smog pump. If it's not there, stick a bolt in them.

Kurt