1996 cobra engine into a GT

donnie84

Oct 2, 2004
ok i got a gew questions aobut htis. will a 96 cobra dohc engine fit into a 95 gt, with little or no modification? if it needs mods what are they? and what about a 95 cobra engine into 95 gt, what is needed then? thanks for your help guys, this site is awsome.

• Sponsors (?)

donnie84 said:
and what about a 95 cobra engine into 95 gt, what is needed then?

Only the heads, intake and cam are different, talking about the engine specifically. (Actually now that I think about it, the throttle body is different too I think) Also the computer has different calibrations to go with the bigger MAF and 24lb/hr injectors.

Depending on how serious you want to get with the car, only the Cobra intake would be worth putting on your GT engine.

thanks a lot guys. yea i figured the 95 cobra is only h/c/i diff then the gt, and it is cheaper to get ones better than that. i figured the mod 96 would would be a pain to fit, might as well stay with pushrod power! :D what are some sites that sell a 351 conversion kit or what not? im curious as to the kind of power a stock 351 would be.

nobody that i know of sells kits... you just need to buy a 351 and drop it in. the mounts are the same. the 351 is taller so you would need a bigger hood, the intake is different. do a 351 search on here, its been discussed many times before. not feasible for the 96 engine. you can get better for less than a 95 cobra engine.