1996 cobra vibrating and noise at idle.

I just bought a 1996 cobra off ebay on monday. guy drove it over 200 miles to meet me. he said he just put new wheels,tires,breaks on the car. when I was sitting in the car it started vibrating sounded and felt like something was vibrating under my feet close to peddles. when you start to drove off in it bad vibration felt in the car like a bad mount or drive shaft u-joint but at around 55 you cant feel it i can let out of clutch then give it gas and no clunk noise or anything like it would if U-joints are bad. I had my son rev on the motor while I watched motor for movement didnt seem like motor mounts where harmed. and ideas before I take to a shop. I live in gulf shores and shops around here pay there rent with one visit. thanks Robert oh by the way im back! sold my 1995 cobra a few years back and havnt been on site since then.:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like a bad drive shaft to me.... I could be wrong.... check your rubber sound mounts (vibration boots all cars have them) the fact that its doing it at idle would suggest something to do with the motor though! also the fact that it quits at a certain speed would suggest the drive shaft.... when it hits a certain speed the driveshaft balances out ... I had this issue in my 05 dodge ram has to replace the u-joints and shaft....

ok up date. got my big phat azz under the car and checked the motor mounts they looked good wouldlnt move under load. drive shaft doesnt vibrate or appears to be fine u-joints good tranny mounts seem good. but when I looked at the front end I noticed the lower ball joints where real bad rubber seal gone metal showing. im gonna post a picture if i can for some reason this site isnt picture friendly for me. cant post photo buckets pics. ok would bad lower shot to heck ball joints cause the car to vibrate and make noise. poping noises?:jaw:

photo of the balls joints.

get-attachment.aspx

Attachments

• balljoint.jpg
    balljoint.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 135
when I crank the car it feels like something is gonna come through the floor board at the exact moment I started like someone hit floor board with sledge hammer. then after it does that i dont feel anything but slight vibration.

Thats exactly what my car felt like before I replaced the motor mounts. My money is on the mounts. You can always see the engine move when they are bad, I would go ahead and replace them then go from there. Good Luck.