• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

1998 GT - fuel gauge strange light

  • Thread starter Thread starter GDawg
  • Start date Start date Feb 11, 2019

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
Feb 11, 2019
#1
  • Feb 11, 2019
  • #1
Anyone know what is going on here? About a month or two ago I was driving and on my fuel gauge, just a small portion of the "F" and a small portion of the line above the "F" lit up really bright with a green light. Then it changed to bright blue. Not the whole "F" and not the whole line above the "F". I could see the light sort of growing and later shrinking in the size of area. I was driving in traffic so I couldn't pull out my phone to get a picture. At one point I was at a traffic light so I tried "shading" it to see if maybe it was just a reflection. It's not. And it's really bright! Brighter than when I have my lights turned on. Today when I started up my car it came back for a little bit and I was able to get a couple pictures. Is this a sign that the gauge is going out? I've never seen or heard of this before.

 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
436
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
D
Progress Thread Calypso Green 92 LX Hatchback
  • Dakar09
  • May 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
705
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
rednotch
M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
359
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
B
'03 GT Fuel Pump/Pressure/Delivery Issue
  • Brodach
  • Oct 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
993
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
gkomo
Fox Xtremely high fuel consumption
  • PonyGTrider
  • Apr 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 9 10 11
Replies
213
Views
5K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 9, 2026
PonyGTrider
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?