• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

1998 mustang gt need intake manifold

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1SIKPNY
  • Start date Start date Mar 18, 2018

1SIKPNY

New Member
Jun 22, 2016
5
0
1
Mar 18, 2018
#1
  • Mar 18, 2018
  • #1
I think the preview owner replace with a dorman intake manifold . It’s leak again a under the thermostat area . Should I still stick with dorman . Is ford ever have a new update intake manifold with aluminum cross over ? Thanks
 

mogs01gt

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
3,113
30
119
Ohio
Mar 19, 2018
#2
  • Mar 19, 2018
  • #2
If its leaking "again" you may have something else going on. Where is it leaking from?
 

1SIKPNY

New Member
Jun 22, 2016
5
0
1
Mar 19, 2018
#3
  • Mar 19, 2018
  • #3
The intake manifold right under the thermo housing . I look it up and I think I got the first design of dorman and now they have a update version of it . Idk I should buy the update version or going factory for better quality
 

Thatsweetstang

Active Member
Nov 4, 2013
224
24
39
Ca
Mar 19, 2018
#4
  • Mar 19, 2018
  • #4
Do you a plastic coolant cross over? Where the thermostat is, is it plastic or aluminum?
 

mogs01gt

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
3,113
30
119
Ohio
Mar 20, 2018
#5
  • Mar 20, 2018
  • #5
1SIKPNY said:
The intake manifold right under the thermo housing . I look it up and I think I got the first design of dorman and now they have a update version of it . Idk I should buy the update version or going factory for better quality
Click to expand...
The Thermostat housing or where the intake meets the head?
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Mar 20, 2018
#6
  • Mar 20, 2018
  • #6
Determine it is the intake manifold 1st but I'd spend the few extra bucks and get the Ford manifold.
 

Thatsweetstang

Active Member
Nov 4, 2013
224
24
39
Ca
Mar 21, 2018
#7
  • Mar 21, 2018
  • #7
I’ll take a pic of what I’m talking about tomorrow. I have an npi and a pi doorman intake. Which ever you need I’ll give to you because I don’t need em at all
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
2001 Mustang GT, scorched metal smell and noise from trans/diff?
  • AndyE2255
  • Dec 1, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
524
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 28, 2025
gkomo
Mustang II 4 cyl gear hunting and possibly messed up vacuum system
  • oesterreicher
  • May 31, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
11
Views
447
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Jun 14, 2026
manicmechanic007
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
523
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
M
1997 Mustang GT Overheating Issue
  • Mustang1988!!
  • Sep 3, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
339
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 24, 2025
squeak93
What's it Worth? 2000 GT
  • Mustang5L5
  • May 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
6
Views
417
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 13, 2026
KRUISR
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?