1998 Pi Swapped Gt W/full Bolt Ons

SVT94GT

Aug 14, 2016
Va
Hey guys. So I have a 1998 Mustang GT that I bought back in December and didn't get around to the PI swap until May, I found some 1999 GT PI heads and cams from a guy off Craigslist for about $200 and had them reworked and cleaned at a machine shop. Bought the PI intake from American muscle and all the gaskets and bolts and stuff and crossover parts. I took my car to a guy named Mike Roush (Not sure If he is Kin to the Roush family) but he is a professional racer and owns a shop in Chester, VA called Mid Atlantic performance. Awesome guy, took him a week to do the complete swap with Long tubes and after it was all said and done I had spent $3000 for my PI swap, $200 for heads and cams, $500 for machine work, $400 for parts and About $2000 for labor. All said and done, will fully bolt ons and pi swapped my car made 254/294 on A dyno jet, bbk cai, bbk 78mm tb, pi intake heads and cams, Long tubes, bbk off road h pipe and slp catback. A lot of guys have said they put down between 265/300 with pi swaps, and so im just curious why mine might habe read a little low? I mean I'm happy with it, but if I could go back I would try and find a 4v Motor or just kept my 94 5.0 and modded that but it is what it is now you know haha. I have presses on cams gears so if I want to get a set of stage 1 cams I know I have to get new cam gears or the adjustable ones, but id be worried about the PVT clearance? My main goal with this car is to at least get 270rwhp/300rwtq, was also thinking about doing a nitrous setup in the future. What do you guys think? What's the best route and have any of you guys done PI swaps and have raced lt1s or ls1s? Or like 370zs? I've been curious how well my car would go up against a 370z or z28. I killed a eBay turbo civic the other night and a river Nissan Altima, I put lengths on them. And before my PI swap, I raced a 3.8 genesis and he ran door 2 door with me before I let off. Anyways guys, thoughts, opinions, all greatly appreciated. I think I posted my dyno sheet below

Attachments

• IMG_20170428_171333.jpg
    IMG_20170428_171333.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 370
  • Sponsors (?)