1999 Ford Mustang Information On How To Change Engine Mounts?

David Elswick

May 3, 2016
Can everyone help me with my 1999 Ford Mustang my engine mounts are bad and i need help to replace them. I have no idea how to tackle this so if anyone can help me with getting to removing the engine mounts and there locations that will be great!

• Sponsors (?)

Can everyone help me with my 1999 Ford Mustang my engine mounts are bad and i need help to replace them. I have no idea how to tackle this so if anyone can help me with getting to removing the engine mounts and there locations that will be great!
Hey David I have the answer to your problem. The motor mounts are attached to the lower front part of the motor which bolts to the K-member, theres one bolt connecting the mount to the k-member and 3 that connect the mount to the motor. The only way to change them is to suspend the motor in the air with an engine hoist or cherry picker. If you dont have access to a picker then you can use a 3 ton floor jack and a block of wood and slowly make contact behind the motor right on the transmission bell housing so it will be more stable. Just barely make the engine come up and look in between the k-member for the bolt. It's easier accessable from between the wheel well guards once the motor is up and suspended go ahead and remove the (1) big nut from the mount then the (3) from the motor side of the mount. Installation is reverse of removal..
To save on the need for future replacement go for a set of red polyurethane mounts theyll be more solid, more stiff and last longer than OE.
good luck and tell us how it went.