1999 mustang front brakes.

nest38

Aug 29, 2008
i have changed my brake pats and brake rotors, but i still have squeaking problems and when i brake it sounds like something grinting but i check it over and over but i can see the problem. can anybody out there help?

• Sponsors (?)

i have changed my brake pats and brake rotors, but i still have squeaking problems and when i brake it sounds like something grinting but i check it over and over but i can see the problem. can anybody out there help?

What brand pads?

Did you put the goop on the back of the pads?

Squeaks are caused by vibration although some very aggressive pads do sometimes squeak.

How are your rear brakes? The rear calipers love to seize and causes the inner pad to wear faster than the outer which usually causes metal on metal grinding in the rear. Run your finder on the backside of the rear rotors and feel for grooves and unevenness. If you find some, that's prob your problem

How are your rear brakes? The rear calipers love to seize and causes the inner pad to wear faster than the outer which usually causes metal on metal grinding in the rear. Run your finder on the backside of the rear rotors and feel for grooves and unevenness. If you find some, that's prob your problem

+1 Did you lube the slide pins good in the rear? They do tend to freeze up and rub...happened to mine a while back.

I'd check the rears too. Usually you don't have problems after new pads and rotors. I've had plenty of locked up rear caliper brackets in my day on Mustangs.