2.1L KB S/C on stock 00 GT

growlinGT

May 18, 2006
San Jose, CA
After doing a lot of research on this forum and convincing to myself I have decided to screw my pony (twin screw that is ). I have decided to go with Kenne Bell 2.1L kit @ 9psi hopefully with intercooler at about $5K. If all goes well then I should be placing the order tomorrow. Is the price right?

I looked at quite a few details on KB website and my understanding is that the KB kit comes with all the necessary hardware and "mono" chip for fuel management which is pre-tuned by KB and compensates for minor mods. Am I right to assume that the "kit" is all I need to supercharge my car and put it on the road?

TB, CAI and other mods might come a little bit later due to financial constraints. The immediate must upgrade I see so far is grippy rear tires. Other than that is there anything else that I might need to run my supercharged car safely?

I need to fill out the forms (Order and chip data) from KB if I need their tune. They will not process my order without it. I need to provide them with "Catch code" and calibration number from the EEC.

This is one heck of a newb question but can anyone tell me where the computer is located on 2000 GT? I checked under the seats like my other cars but it wasn't there. Center console or under the dash??

Pull up the passenger sill panel. Pop out the trim panel in front under the glove box on the right side. Its in there. Pull a few screws, and wiggle it out carefully. Only takes a few mins.

You'll love it. I have the 1.7 and have been very happy with it. Just over 12k
miles with it and no problems. It's a fairly easy install. Just read thru the instructions once to make sure you understand everything. I did mine over a weekend. Have a
buddy around when you are ready to put it in place.