2.73 -> 4.10's DONE!!!! Broke ABS sensors...HELP!

NEEDA5.0

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2002
Well the gear change is finally done. It took about four hours from start to finish. All I can say is OMG! What a difference! It lays about 50 feet of rubber from just stopping on it from idle. Best mod for the $.

As many of you know the ABS sensor has to be removed to get the axle out. We broke both sides. It looks like the harness goes inside the car but where does it end? Ford said its $55 for one side and $65 for the other. We work as careful as possible but they just wouldn't move so out came the screwdriver and hammer.

My speedo is off somewhere between 30 and 40 mph. I drove 110 all the way home. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Been there, broke em to...they suck !!!!

I scammed a set from a Mustang salvage yard..i think 40 for both...they just cut em off...i spliced em in...worked fine....

well you had an even more drastic jump than me, i went from 3.08-4.10, you jumped a ratio and a half basically, whoa. Yeah you think you like them now wait till you get used to everything, i assume you have an auto. If not you can pull the back end around in approx. three gears

Yep its an automatic. I'm sure glad I went for the 4.10's over the 3.73's. The convertible really needs them. I know I'm not seeing the full results since I'm spinning like crazy. Time to slap the drag radials back on I guess. :p

I already have flowmaster cat backs and nitto 555R's. H-Pipe is going to be next. I want to modify the setup so that it bolts on before it turns up into the engine though. That way I can return the factory h-pipe on for emissions without too much trouble. I think a shift kit will be next after the h-pipe. Then the intake has to go. I need to get this car in the 14's!!!

i just went to an o/r x pipe and love it i definitely picked up a little power but i went to that from stock. plus it is hella loud. I now have hedman shorties, off road x, and mac mufflers, and my neighbor told me the day i brought it home it sounded like i was driving down his hallway.

i thought that the x would be chimy, but it is really deep, no drone.!!!!! at any rpm, which mean i got rid of the flows, best thing i have ever done.