2 questions about my Accufab 75mm TB and C&L Plenum

nickthegenius

Dec 23, 2002
Elwood, IN
I got bored yesterday and decided to install my new plenum and throttle body. It was a fairly easy job and only took 30 minutes at most, but I'm extremely anal when working on my car. The only difficult part was getting the stock intake hose for the 65mm TB to fit on the 75mm TB. Had to whip out the KY and use a lot of force to finally get it on.

I haven't been able to drive the car due to the "Great Flood" we're working on, so I don't know if there is a SOTP gain. But, there have been so many positive posts on these parts I'm not too worried about that.

My questions are as follows:

1. Where should my car be idling? The diagnostic function for the tach shows between 820-845RPM or so. I didn't look at it before I installed the stuff and only checked after :nonono:

2. My car has always had the "hanging idle" when letting off the gas. Now, while the car was idling I revved it a few times and it hangs longer now. What can I do about that?

• Sponsors (?)

nickthegenius said:
I got bored yesterday and decided to install my new plenum and throttle body. It was a fairly easy job and only took 30 minutes at most, but I'm extremely anal when working on my car. The only difficult part was getting the stock intake hose for the 65mm TB to fit on the 75mm TB. Had to whip out the KY and use a lot of force to finally get it on.

I haven't been able to drive the car due to the "Great Flood" we're working on, so I don't know if there is a SOTP gain. But, there have been so many positive posts on these parts I'm not too worried about that.

My questions are as follows:

1. Where should my car be idling? The diagnostic function for the tach shows between 820-845RPM or so. I didn't look at it before I installed the stuff and only checked after :nonono:

2. My car has always had the "hanging idle" when letting off the gas. Now, while the car was idling I revved it a few times and it hangs longer now. What can I do about that?
My rpm's are dropping a little slower now too and the idle will go to 1,100 for a second then drop back down to the normal 760ish range. Could just be the computer relearning :shrug:

nickthegenius said:
I remember reading somewhere about inserting a copper plug in a hose somewhere to get rid of the hanging idle. Would that help in this situation?
The cap addresses the symptoms but doesn't fix the problem IMHO. I am going to have my computer flashed for a tune on the 17th and I am going to have them flash the idle pots as well. It will be fixed properly then! :flag:

Bo