2 Questions Intake/Brakes

DevilGT

Aug 25, 2007
Maitland,Fl
Hey guys,

I just upgraded to a Mach 1 brake kit on my 2000 GT automatic. Well, after hell and high-water (reverse bleeding the brakes), we got everything working. I noticed that I have to press much farther into the brakes to get them to work, but they work very well. Any info on this?

Also, I did the Steeda cold air intake. It didn't have a port for the MAF sensor, so we left it out. A friend said I should ask Steeda if we drill our own hole or what. As a result, I guess as a result, my CEL is on. Any feedback on this?

I'm kind of a car noob, so I really appreciate all help.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The brakes still have some air in the line. Get a hand pump to bleed them. They are about 20 bucks at Autozone.

Did you get the CAI new? Sounds like you have the wrong one although it seems I've heard this issue before.

well the cai intake problem is not right....a picture would be helpful as to point out what you should do. you still have air in your brakes....why would you reverse bleed? start and the right rear and bleed the hell out of it...then go to left rear, right front, and then left front. your pedal should be very stiff(that's wut she said :rolleyes:)

There is no "port" so to speak for the maf. It should simply bolt up to the tube via some kind of adapter. did you buy the correct one?

as for the brakes why would you reverse bleed them? You should first bleed the master cylinder (two bleed screws on the side) then start at the tire that is furthest away from the master cylinder I.E. the passenger rear.

I highly suggest you do some re-search on any future mods.