2 questions

Texstang9682

Oct 8, 2006
Austin, Texas
first my car's fuel pump crapped out on me recently. So I'm just going to go ahead and get a 255. Now, is this going to effect my gas mileage or is it just going to give me more availible capasity. BTW I still have stock injectors. I just plan on supercharging the car later. So thoughts on possible decreased mileage?

And also How do yall feel about solid motor mounts. The reason I ask is because my factory ones have started to sag some and therfore with me having longtube headers has caused the passenger side header to have a small hole in it from rubing on the frame or somthing. And I dont want this happening again since it's so hard to take the header out and re weld it. And also I'd rather not get poly ones cause of the price. With all the suspesions work I have on my car I kinda dont mind the extra vibration. It's already got plenty so a little more wont bother me.

Thanks, CLINT

• Sponsors (?)

Do the 255 fuel pump, I'm assuming you have a 96-mid 98 that has a return style fuel system, so any fuel not used just goes back to the tank. No mileage affected at all.

Do not do solid motor mounts on a daily driven street car. Do the poly bushings and once u replace them your header should not rub anymore.

mid 98-04 all share the same system, returnLESS. You cannot run the same pump as a return style system.

A bigger pump will not mean a decrease in fuel mileage. Only actual consumption or a poor tune will.

You'll wind up regretting solid mounts on a daily driver. The vibration you get isn't annoying to you but your drivetrain will hate you for it. Could lead to other issues down the road.

1+ on the solid mounts. i put a solid trans mount in mine, drove it 2 miles down the road, hit autozone and bought a new rubber mount. the solid trans mount saw about 45mins of life in my car and it got chunked in the dumpster. (the old mount was trash thats why i bought the solid then the rubber)

no engine will lose gas mileage just from a more powerful fuel pump. your car only burns as much fuel as it thinks it needs, making more fuel available wont change that. whether its a return line or not, excess fuel will stay in the tank.