Roush 2000-2004 S-281SC 1/4 mile time slips

marcus95 said:
Yes, they are very real. They are not mine. I was asking about 17" Sterns and the guy said he had them. Honestly, I'm not interested in them. The pics are on my comp. at work. I think they are all 18x8 with a 42mm offset? I can't remember but I think they are directly from Japan for the last of the Supra's.

...if your not honestly interested in them (17" stern wheels), then why am I on a wild goose egg hunt????? :shrug:

marcus95 said:
Sam.
Sorry we hijacked your thread. I think it was 03-s281's fault. :D Then I didn't help either.
Ok, since I have never owned a mod motor S281 S/C let's see everyone's times. :nice:

....enough with the wheel hunt and rim size opinion. Let's turn the conversation back to its original purpose. If we want to talk Stern and Magnesium wheels, let's start a different thread......I wish I could answer your question, but I am in the same boat as Marcus. I've never owned a 99 or newer mod motor Saleen. It's the good old push rod or not for me :D If I want a 99-04 Saleen, I better find another 351 to buy :) (evil grin) But the low 13's sound about right to me :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

13.1s on a stock N/A saleen...fastest Ive ever heard of....Those 4:10s help out a lot Im still stuck with my damn 3:27s....Hopefully with my gears and parts that i have i will be around 12.3s....that will be in like 2 weeks and ill let yall know...

marcus95 said:
That is a fantastic 1/4 time. What kind of 60ft? The best I could get out of my 02 N/A was a 12.98. I had no interior in it. :D Congrats. I miss my silver car.
Thanks, thats with a boatload of crappy 1.9 60ft times.
I now have Mac LT's and have removed alittle weight so it should go 12.9's :D We are going to our local 1/8th mile track here in a few days and I'm hoping for some 8.3's@83-84mph.

SGOODRIC50 said:
So honestly, with my bone stock 02 SC saleen should I see low 13's high 12's? Or mid to high 13's?

Well stock I think this is more accurate.... I found this on the following site, but they dont provide any test info or altitude etc. 2000 Ford Saleen S281 Supercharged 1/4 mile et = 13.8 But add a few mods, gears, pulley, tune, exhaust, you'd be there.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/downloads/carmotorcycleperformancecharts2.htm

Saleen Mike said:
I know sombody who ran 12.9 in their stock S281-SC Vert.

Practice (driver skill) and track prep make for a huge factor in the ET.

This is true and thanks for the help. I probably won't race the car but I would like to know that I can keep up with some of my buddies :spot:

How can I get involved with the saleen clu of america?

Saleen Mike said:

And the fact that he weighs about 100 pounds less than some of us :D

I still think his car was abnormal :shrug:

My best in the 99 with the Chicane pulley, 255 fuel pump, 3.55's and a superchip is 13.19 at 106. Not bad for an almost 4000 pound flexible flyer with my fat ass in it. 2.02 60' on that run, so DR's would put the car in the 12's.

Saleen Mike said:

Agreed... also altitude. I have also heard not all saleens 281 sc's are the same. Recently I had my intake manifold ported and I could not believe how poorly it was made. There is a rumor that several manifolds were messed up at the manufacturer and that is why some of the advertised hp numbers were higher than the actual hp guys were seeing.

13.8 is crazy. The last time I looked this up I saw 13.2@106 for a stock 1/4 time but I have read of 12.8's and 12.9's in stock form. My 01 281SC is no longer stock but I fully expect a low 12 sec car with less than 400rwhp.

03s281sc said:
I went to the track yesterday and ran 12.6@110. Maybe a 12.5 was there if i could have gotten my 60ft down.

AWESOME glad to hear it!! Not to many of your friends are gonna keep up with you unless they are running serious mods or some hefty competitors like the Corvette or supercharged V8 cars! :nice: