2000 GT: Steering

Also looks like it has a Dorman intake on it. These are known to rob a few HP and just be junk overall

Attachments

• IMG_4065.jpeg
    IMG_4065.jpeg
    731 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4066.jpeg
    IMG_4066.jpeg
    797.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4067.jpeg
    IMG_4067.jpeg
    828 KB · Views: 40
  • Sponsors (?)

Once you put those bullits on save them premium rims for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_171037_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200313_171037_hdr.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: 1 user
After some work with the Bissell

Need to let it dry out, and probably some touchup once I get it back out into the car. But the majority of the stains gone. Carpet is sunfaded, but it’s much cleaner. I might replace this at a later date but good for now. I figure some fresh floor mats will help. But this looks way better in person.

IMG_4071.jpeg
IMG_4069.jpeg
IMG_4070.jpeg

A few buckets of the above came out of the carpet

Was curious about the Mach amp so I opened it up. Immediately say the problem. Two burnt resistors

IMG_4074.jpeg

Definitely was cooking
IMG_4079.jpeg

Won a pair of amps on eBay for $40. Gonna open up the hood amp to compare now that I saw this

Door panels off to clean. Carpet back in. Gonna toss some Kilmat under the carpet as I have some I’d like to get rid of .

IMG_4083.jpeg
IMG_4081.jpeg

In case you are wondering why i am deep cleaning this so much. Grime like this on every panel.

This grosses me out. Previous owner must have spilled soda everywhere. It’s even in the speaker grill vents on the door panel which is why they came out to clean.
IMG_4084.jpeg

Cleans up pretty well. Put the wheels from my fox on

It’s wet in the pics. Could use some paint correction, but not as bad as I thought once I got a year of grime off

IMG_4167.jpeg
IMG_4168.jpeg

Last edited:
Some pics of my progress

Dash and door panels back in. Threw in a spare dark charcoal seat just to see how I feel about this. I have a MINT pair in my basement but not sure they would look good in this car

IMG_4159.jpeg

Wanted to test the sound system, so threw in a spare CD player I have. System works, but since I pulled the left rear amp, the door big speakers don’t work yet. Amps should be here Monday. That’s why the back seat is not in yet.

I have parts to rebuild the tape deck. I’d rather use that because I have a Bluetooth tape I can use. One day I’ll adapt bluetooth to my oem radios.

IMG_4164.jpeg

I did have a casualty.

Finding a replacement is tough. This color was 99-00 only with the rear defrost. 01+ moves defrost to center console.

Replacements I’m finding are $150+

IMG_4161.jpeg

Not sure how I feel about DC seats in here. We will try it but I will likely recover the parchment seats. Likely won’t be as hot either.

But the interior is waaaay cleaner than when I bought it. I need floor mats next.
IMG_4169.jpeg
IMG_4162.jpeg

The headlights were faded and yellowing. Pulled them out and found they were Chinese aftermarket. So I ordered a set of 01+ smoked lights.

IMG_4170.jpeg

Body is in great shape overall. Could use some paint correction.

Ac clutch tomorrow, and might change oil and mount my Mach 1 chin spoiler. At some point I’ll do the grill delete, and a friend has offered me up an 01+ hood scoop. It’s flat black however.

More work done

Ac clutch changed out. Notice the old one is in more pieces than it should be.

IMG_4229.jpeg

Upon trying the ac, discovered it would click for a second and then go out. So needs a charge. Given the end of season, I’ll just add some r-134a and then find the leak and fix later.

Oil changed, added more fluid to the convertible top motor.

Brakes could be bled, might do that later.

Amp should show up tomorrow, and then the seats can all go back in.

Should have a plate this week!

Sunny day sitting in dark charcoal seats. Too hot. I think I’m gonna have to recover these

IMG_4228.jpeg

I s seen this kit used, and it doesn’t look too bad actually.

IMG_4230.png

Reactions: 1 users
Should have a plate for this shortly.

Wrapping up loose ends. Tested the AC by bypassing the low pressure cutoff with a jumper. Clutch came on. So there is refrigerant in the system but it’s low.

The only set of manifold guages I have was being used with my R12 fox. Since I don’t want to cross contaminate the oils, had to order up a new set of manifold guages, so should be here shortly. I’ll get this charged up, and I’ll trace the leak and repair it at a later date.

Almost there!

After debating this over and over in my mind, i think i've come to a decision.

Since i'll be using this car for work commute and other daily driving type of activities, i think I'll need to address the radio. As much as I wanted to leave the Mach 460 in, I don't think it will work well for my needs. I think i'm going to need to do a double din radio with Apple Carplay or at least bluetooth capability to make my commute easier in terms of navigation/traffic info, phone calls and maybe add a backup camera.

At the same time, i'll probably swap to an 01-04 console. The layout is better with the cupholders and such, which will also be a big need for me as I enjoy my AM large coffee on my commute.

I'll probably tackle this over the winter when i'm driving the SUV around and the vert stays parked.

Took two cans of r134a, but I have AC again. The guage set I purchased on Amazon sucked. All the fittings leaked. Definitely spend the money on a good set. My R12 set is quite nice, but this cheapo set sucked.

But I have AC.
IMG_4268.jpeg

This was just idling. Having had a chance to drive and see it it hits 40 degrees even. I expect it to.

Found the system does have green dye, so someone was trying to find the leak. I’ll have to keep an eye on it. As long as it lasts me the rest of the summer I’ll be happy.

Not much left to do here….

Amps showed up inspected the inside and they looked great. Swapped both in and took out my good one as a spare

IMG_4273.jpeg

Put the rear seat back in. All that’s left to do is put the front seats in. Gonnna use the mint dark charcoal seats for now up front

IMG_4274.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users