2000 gt nNopower

GT.Cactus

Sep 16, 2023
Washington
200 gt, no power whatsoever! Please help?!
The incident, I was on the freeway & down shifted to pass some ca , the car acted weird like I missed a gear , so tried again & same thing so went to pull over realized I lost power . All said N done throwout bearing was smoked so I changed it only cuz I can't afford a new clutch right now. Reassembled and went to start , start spins but sound like a pneumatic impact kinda? Anyway I put the charger in it & tried it same thing a couple more times. The last time I tried it theall the lights started flashing like 5-7 times & then no power at all ! Completely dead, even with different battery , nothing . Please help me please this car is all I have, I mean that's where I live so if you have any advice id appreciate it, thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

If it’s dead dead with no lights anywhere and it’s a fresh battery, then it’s a connection issue. The battery is making poor contact. It could be the terminals, or the cables are bad. But usually when you aren’t getting even lights or beeps from the car, it signifies a very bad connection in the charging system.

Update I have power back but it won't start. It doesn't turn over & I've tried manually turning my engine over it won't budge with ratchet & breaker. When I replaced the TOB i had trouble getting the splines to line up so the tranny was a lil bound up at first but I did eventually get it to just drop right in so is it possible that something is jammed up ? Or I have another question, is it possible the the clutch is so far worn that it won't let the car start? Or do I need to start looking at a new engine or a new tranny ? I really have no idea except Ive read that I need to pull the spark plugs & try it & as far as clutches goes I've seen clutches pretty smoked and it seemed like as long as it was intact it worked . I guess I don't know enough about these cars yet I just got it last july but any thoughts or ideas help so thank yall

Everyone thank you so much for all your help, I learned a lot. But I'm am so very sad to say Lightning McQueen has passed away due to a seized engine, a moment of silence and may he be remembered....... Thank you