No fuel to Engine

Ramen04

Dec 21, 2023
Texas
Hey guys! I’m currently trying to fix up my 95 stang (v6). I ran into a no current to the fuel pump problem to which we wired a direct power source to it. However upon doing so we had absolutely no fuel reaching the engine. So we replaced both the fuel pump and filter. Still the same problem, we are really stumped and I would greatly appreciate any kind of help. Upon checking the fuel pressure, there was little to none at all. The car was standing for a while, but was started every so often. Then all of this happened. Please help!

• Sponsors (?)

I would disconnect the fuel filter and shoot compressed air through the line front to back to make sure line is not plugged up, then look at the fuel pressure regulator, I'm not well versed on the V6 sooooo :shrug:but that's where I'd start.

Several questions for clarity:

1) When this first happened was the fuel pump even priming when you first roll the key to the run position?
2) What is meant by "we wired a direct power source to it"?
3) How and where did you check for fuel pressure?
4) Have you pulled codes?

If you decide to clear the fuel lines as the General suggested I would disconnect them at the fuel rails so if there is something in them you do not push it into the fuel rails. Other thing would be to remove the fuel rails and injectors and clear the fuel rails. I would also inspect the injectors on the inlet side and make sure there is no debris in the inlet screens.

But before you do anything please answer the four questions above as it could be something simple.

Reactions: 1 user
Several questions for clarity:

1) When this first happened was the fuel pump even priming when you first roll the key to the run position?
2) What is meant by "we wired a direct power source to it"?
3) How and where did you check for fuel pressure?
4) Have you pulled codes?

If you decide to clear the fuel lines as the General suggested I would disconnect them at the fuel rails so if there is something in them you do not push it into the fuel rails. Other thing would be to remove the fuel rails and injectors and clear the fuel rails. I would also inspect the injectors on the inlet side and make sure there is no debris in the inlet screens.

But before you do anything please answer the four questions above as it could be something simple.
1&2.)Before they wired it, it wasn’t priming or turning on at all. The wire (green and yellow) from the ccrm (fuel pump power source) had absolutely no current from it. Whilst every single line did have power even while the key was in start position. So they wired that line to a same voltage power source from the little relay box. That solved the power problem to which the pump is priming and everything too.
3.) the fuel pressure was checked at the engine bay, not sure what it’s called but when you press the little entrance no gas shoots out and furthermore when the actual fuel pressure meter is connected, It doesn’t read anything
4.) only a single code was pulled with the radiator fan, which was also fixed. Faulty wiring was the culprit.

Attached is a wiring diagram showing the fuel pump circuit. Suggest you use it to figure out why you do not have power at the pump.

Check to see if the inertia switch which I believe is behind the left rear tail light was accidentally tripped. If so, reset it.

When you turn the key on you will have power to the pump for about 2 seconds only unless you are cranking the engine. This is to prevent the pump from running when the engine is not.

Check the red and light blue/orange wires which is supposed to pull in the fuel pump relay. Also check the red wire on the relay to make sure it is hot all the time. If these 3 wires check out but you do not have power on the dark green/yellow fuel pump power wire,, it is likely the relay.

Make sure the fuel pump ground wire is properly grounded.

Disconnect the fuel line coming out of the filter and use a rubber hose with hose clamps to attach your pressure gauge to the filter. Verify you have proper pressure there. I have seen bad aftermarket pumps.

Attachments

• EEC-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
    EEC-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user