2000 mustang unknown codes

aleborjas

Sep 11, 2005
hi, there is a stang that is geting me off is a 2000 car with 5.0 stroker kit, vortech supercharger(15 pounds), aftercooler, 42 pounds injectors, aeromotive fuel system (rails,regulator,lines), dual pumps, lightning maff, p-51 intake, 278 comp cam's, LT headers, 3" mac catback, diablo custom tune chip and make some things weird in iddle some times it's fine but sometimes tha car starts to go up and down the rpm's and sometimes gets rich and gets like crazy i put on the scanner and i don't know these codes 1- P0102 Mass or volume air flow circ. low imput (what sensor is this?) 2- P0135 O2 sensor heater circ. Bank 1 sensor 1 mal funcion 3- P0155 O2 sensor heater circ. Bank 2 sensor 1 (what is this?) the next 2 codes the scaner sais unknown faults P1409 and P1451

i would realy apreciate the help this thing is gettin me crazy and some times when you hit the peddal to the floor the car just turns off!:bang: :bang: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

This is what all the codes stand for:

P0102 - MASS OR VOLUME AIR FLOW CIRCUIT LOW INPUT
P0135 - HO2S SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION (HO2S-11)
P0155 - HO2S SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION (HO2S-21)
P1409 - EGR VACUUM REGULATOR SOLENOID CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
P1451 - EVAPORATIVE EMISSION SYSTEM VENT CONTROL CIRCUIT

So your MAF sensor is getting a funny reading and so is both of your upstream (or precat) O2 sensors. The last 2 are telling you that your egr system is getting a weird reading also. And sense you described what sounds like an idle roll I think the EGR codes would probly be a good place to start.

Long story short I'd start by looking for a disconected or leaking vaccum line on your EGR system.

Plus did you recently install any of those parts or have they all been on there for a while? Because if any of it was recently installed you may want to double check all of it.

i build the engine with all the stuff and always i had the problem when i build it i eliminate the EGR does not have vacum lines and the EGR sensor only have the electric conection on thats all! what should i change?

Too many mods to troubleshoot o2 sensor/maf problems. Gunna have to figure that out yourself since you know the setup, and we don't. Could be the tune, could be an exhaust leak, could be bad o2 sensors, a dirty maf, who the heck knows.

hi, i've tried an other maff new same 90mm, tried an other chip from an other car with almost same engine, i'm going to put the EGR sensor new both the one that uses vac lines and is electric and the other one that uses tow hoses from the exhaust tube that comes from the header!

Check fuse #8 in the central junction fuse panel ( under the dash)

Your problem is either that fuse or a open in circuit 391 RD/YE before splice #117

If it's the fuse ( 99 percent of the time it is) then the root cause is most likely a short or intermintent short in a 02 sensor heater

EDIT.......

After reading you original post one more time, I think your root cause could also be a chaffed or otherwise damaged circuit 391.. check all wiring near the pedals.

i cheked all fuses they are all fine i looking to get the EGR sensors new i hope thats the problem!

No just swapping in sensors WILL NOT FIX THIS...

I am 100 percent sure you have either a blown number #8 fuse in the central junction box or a open on circuit 391.. that is the ONLY thing that can cause the circuit faults you have.

Did you check the fuse in the box under the dash, you are aware that the car has two fuse boxes right?

off course i cheked all fuses the ones on the engine bay andunder the dash all fine

Sorry I just had to be sure, some people are not aware that there is two fuse boxes.Since the fuse is fine now you need to see if you have power to the sensors in question.

Check to see if you have power at the EVR wire RD/YE you should have 12 volts there.

We know the problem has to be in circuit #391 because the codes are for circuit faults for all the components that get power from 391.. the only components on that circuit that you don't have a circuit fault for would be the rear 02 sensors but with your mods the rear 02's would be shut off in the tune.

If you have power to those components try to wiggle the harness all the way from the back of the underdash fuse panel all the way to the pcm and intot he engine comartment while testing for power you may have a intermintent problem caused by a chaffed wire.

I can tell that these codes below are getting thrown off by whats originally causing the problem.
(i.e. a bad MAF will cause your car to run lean or rich causing your O2 sensors to throw a code)
In my case I had 12codes come up and it was either my MAF or IAC
I replaced both and disconnected my battery and my car was fine after that.

P0135 - HO2S SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION (HO2S-11)
P0155 - HO2S SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION (HO2S-21)
P1409 - EGR VACUUM REGULATOR SOLENOID CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
P1451 - EVAPORATIVE EMISSION SYSTEM VENT CONTROL CIRCUIT

and please think before you type