2000 Roush Brakes on an 83' fox

Anyone have thoughts on why this would not work? :shrug:

I'm getting a set from a wrecker complete spindles,rotors,calipers, brake lines, etc...

obviously a 5-lug conversion in proggress, will be fitting Bullitt 17x8 rim/tires

I called my local Ford for new rotors and they had no clue what I was asking for. The rotors appear stock(compared them with a wrecked 95, huge differance in calipers) not the croosdrilled/slotted style from the stage 3 models? I bet it would help with Ford if I had part numbers :bang:

Thanks

Marc

• Sponsors (?)

The 94-04 non Cobras all have the same rotors. The 99+ Mustangs all have aluminum dual piston calipers, very different from the 94-98 calipers. The new Mustang fronts work fine on the older cars. I have them on mine. There are a few other things you will have to address... MC, booster maybe, etc.

Since you're new, look at http://svo73mm.cjb.net for ALL your 5 lug and brake upgrade questions. Matt covers almost every stock based setup. Do a search on brakes or brake conversions or urgrades and you will find many threads on the topic.

Thanks for the replies. Since the wrecker did not have the whole car anymore there is no way to tell what "stage" Roush the car was. From all my research the stage 2 & 3's have Roush written on the calipers. Hopefully I will get a chance to look at a 99+ brake setup to tell the differance.

Looks to me that the optional "Roush" brakes are an upgrade for the Stage 1 and 2 cars to the PBR 13" rotors and calipers, basically Mustang Cobra brakes with the Roush name.

Here is a pic from Matt's website of the stock 99+ brakes. The couple of Roush cars I've seen just had the stock brakes.

99brakes_installed1.jpg

Attachments

• 99brakes_installed1.jpg
    99brakes_installed1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 64