Electrical 2000 V6 Mustang lights flicker

Hey guys, I've had this issue since January. The problem I'm having is when the car is running, all the lights flicker (Headlights, interior, cluster). I have played around with it and managed to stop the flickering only with the headlights and defrost on. I have cleaned all the engine grounds, replaced battery, alternator, belt, still having that issue.. any suggestions? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Please be more specific about WHICH grounds were cleaned. Did you do the ground on both sides of the radiator core support.

We need to know the voltage at the battery and at the alternator main B+ terminal. Does the voltage vary with the flickering at both test points?

Here's some information that if followed will help narrow down where the problem is.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...perform-charging-system-voltage-drop-test.56/

Last edited:
Cleaned both grounds on the radiator support(Above both headlights), engine-to-chassis(under driver side of engine to driver side chassis), Chassis to hood(Really needed?). The current voltage is between 14.59v - 14.75v with engine idle at both points. I will check out that link and see if it helps.