2001 mustang bullitt

remmy680

Aug 17, 2005
What's up fellas, I need some advice on some bolt on improvments to my car. I just ordered the ram air kit, mass air, 24 lbs. injectors and a new fuel pump. However, when I tryed to order an adjustalbe fuel pressure regulator all of the speed magazine tech's said their isn't one made for my car. One guy said it might be because it's a non-return fuel system. Does anyone know if there is a fuel regulator that they just don't sell or maybe any thoughts on a different route I could take? Thanks for your responses.

• Sponsors (?)

reason for new fuel pump

I'm in the process of adding full long tube headers, complete new exhaust system (ie X-pipe, spin tech mufflers etc), Ram air kit, mass air and new injectors. Basically, with all the new improvments I'll be making a lot more HP. The factory fuel pump doesn't provide enough fuel to compansate for the new HP.

^ Actually I have cams, and FULL boltons....stock injectores and stock fuel pump...0 problems. Cancel the MAF/INJECTORS/FUEL PUMP RIGHT AWAY. Those will hurt your power more than anything honestly.

Now spend that money on a TB, U/D pulleys, and a real dyno tune. :nice:

You stock injecters and fuel system are more than capable of providing enough fuel for you mods you just described.

I also own a Bullitt with long tube headers, X-pipe, catback, 3.73, CAI, and tune. It made 263rwhp and 310rwtq....nowhere near being "maxed out" as far as fuel compensation goes. :nice:

-J

If I bought a Bullitt I sure the hell would not want one that had the stock parts removed and then put back on by someone of unknown skill :notnice:

And yeah, if I bought one I would be looking for tool marks on the bolt heads and other traces of such activities...

This thread sounds like it should have been started in the 5.0 forum. Those are totally old pushrod mods. You should not worry at all about air or fuel for a while, because that Bullitt setup is pretty hard to beat. Unless, you are planning on forced induction, then keep all of that.

Shiroelex said:
This thread sounds like it should have been started in the 5.0 forum. Those are totally old pushrod mods. You should not worry at all about air or fuel for a while, because that Bullitt setup is pretty hard to beat. Unless, you are planning on forced induction, then keep all of that.
yes, relax everyone - education on 4.6 mods are in order here . Some of the old formulas of 5.0 modding don't apply to 4.6s and especially on bullitt models as they have even more advanced parts than stock Gt models i.e. intake and tbody.