2001 Mustang GT aftermarket exhausts?

Still undecided on Borla cat back, SLP, BAssani or magnaflow? Also debating on whether or not i want to get rid of catalytic converters. Im hoping to get the interior drone minimal while sounding loud when I jump on it. Any advice? for cold air intakes JLT, BBK? How much power increase comes from Steeda pulley system? I wanna get car in mid 13 area. Anyone have suspension advice for lowering springs, shocks, and struts? Tokico, Eibach, Billstein, KYB?:Track:

• Sponsors (?)

you tube is your best friend when it comes to exhaust sounds...we cant tell you what you like... if you want it to sound good my opinion would be to stick with no cats.. also try mustangexhaust.com

suspension is another thing...depending on how low/high you like the car... if you want a good shock/strut combo at a great price stick with tokico blues... if you're looking to really get into a good set up and have the money, go with koni...as for the springs, i like em low so i say sportline, but if youre looking to drag race maybe shoot for the pro kit or the eibach drag launch kit....

check some sounds out online and look at some pic in the mustang pic thread in talk to figure out what kind of stance you want

You can probably get the car into the mid-13s with sticky tires and a set of 3.73s in the back, assuming a manual gearbox and a decent driver.

Re Catback exhausts: Check out Mustang Exhaust Forums - Powered by vBulletin

As Night Shifter notes, exhaust note and volume is very subjective. They're all going to give similar power gains so just listen to some clips and decide for yourself. See if there's a local get-together of Stangs that you could lurk around to get a "real world" feel for the sounds. Then you can ask the guy about the brand, the drone, power etc.

Re CAI: As long as you're actually taking cold air from the fenderwell and not just sucking hot underhood air make is not that important. I had a JLT pre-blower and liked that it put the MAF in the fenderwell, giving it the air a straight-shot through it from the filter. I'm not too keen on CAIs that put a 90-degree bend just before the MAF, especially if there's no screen or flow-straightener at the entrance to the MAF.

Re Pulleys: A few -- maybe 4-5 -- HP at most.

Re Suspension: Again, this is pretty subjective. Some people want near-OE ride quality while others want "slammed" or road-course-worthy or drag-strip-worthy. I went with a Bullitt kit from FRPP on mine and am very happy with it but it's not at all aggressive nor does it lower the car more than about 3/4-in. I can recommend this kit if you're after tidied-up, OE-like ride and handling: the 2001 Bullitt was equipped with this from the factory so you know it's a pretty well sorted combo.

But again, everyone's tastes are different. Whatever you get, I'd buy it as a complete set if possible: struts, springs and sway bars all engineered to work together.

I have the SLP Loudmouth I's and they are LOUD. Especially if you add an off-road X. I love the sound but it is loud. I hear the Loudmouth II's are a little lower in volume. The fit and quality is great also.

I like the H&R SuperSport springs. I just installed mine and posted pics of the new stance. It's all about how low you want to go and ride quality you can deal with.