2002 GT Allen M90 Supercharger Install Tune?

Mr.Roush02

Jan 23, 2017
Hello!
I am searching for somebody that has information on the Allen M90 Supercharger. I need to know what tune was added to the vehicle after install. Based on the upgraded fuel pump and fuel injectors etc. They couldn't have used the factory tune. If possible I need a calibration ID and any other information on this tune. Vehicle is a 2002 mustang GT.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hello!
I am searching for somebody that has information on the Allen M90 Supercharger. I need to know what tune was added to the vehicle after install. Based on the upgraded fuel pump and fuel injectors etc. They couldn't have used the factory tune. If possible I need a calibration ID and any other information on this tune. Vehicle is a 2002 mustang GT.
Thanks!

This is not how a tune works.

Take the car to a shop and have it properly tuned:

1602769383450.png

Reactions: 1 user
any professional tuning shop can whip that out in a couple hours.

^^^ This guy right here can whip this out in a couple of hours provided that the necessary hardware is in place. He can also help to teach you how to do it yourself if that is something you wish to pursue.

Otherwise, I'd recommend finding someone local to tune exactly, your car with exactly your mods. They'll give you a cool dyno sheet to hang on the wall too! :D

I understand the typical Dyno Tune process but California no longer allows custom tunes (factory tunes only). Since my car is modified, there IS an an executive order which exempts the supercharger from state vehicle code but it states that " This executive order is valid provided that the installation instructions for the Supercharger Kits will not recommend tuning the vehicle to specifications different from those submitted by the device manufacturer". The way that I deciphered this is that Allen is the device manufacturer and that there is a tune that they should have recommended? What do you think? My car is currently flagged at the REF level and can not be smogged by anyone but them and I need to have a solid case before I try and fight it. I got the factory tune put back on the car but it is now obviously running rich with the check engine light on.

This is why Comifornia sucks. What's the difference if the car still meets emissions standards, in most cases emmisions can even be reduced with a tune.
Goodluck on this one.
Agreed. I think they should bring back the sniff test, If it passes emmisions output then what else is there to inspect? It blows.

You're fighting a battle that you can't win without a lengthy court process.

Pull the supercharger, put the factory tune and components back onto the car, get it inspected then reinstall the supercharger.

Any 'tune' from a blower manufacturer is going to be a 'best guess'. That is lovingly referred to as a "canned tune". It's a "Here you go, hope it works out for ya" or is released with the disclaimer that it is a baseline tune and will require adjustments.

Other suggestions might be to contact the blower manufacturer directly or any one of the dozen or so, dyno-tuners in the Los Angeles area to see what they do in order to comply with local policies.

By the way... This:

Supercharger Kits will not recommend tuning the vehicle to specifications different from those submitted by the device manufacturer".

does not preclude a custom tune. What it precludes is running a tune outside of the manufacturer's (that's a hard one to type) recommendation for the kit.

Meaning: If you slap their kit onto some 14:1 solid lifter monster with race fuel and a track tune, that it will not meet the requirements for emissions. It also does not state that a tune needs to be submitted by the manufacturer nor that only that tune can be used (wouldn't make any sense anyway since making a tune for every circumstance is impossible).